what's up with these fevers ?!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckahele, Sep 25, 2003.

1. ckahele

ckahele New Member

for the third time in 2 weeks i have gone to work feeling lousy but able to partly function.
    however, around 2-3pm i start feeling really bad: sluggish, achey, etc..
    when i get home at 5pm i can barely make it to the couch. my daughter takes my temperature and i have a low grade fever. 99.8, 98.7, and 100 respectively.
    BUT BY AROUND 8:30PM IT'S GONE AND I FEEL OK !!
    am i losing my mind?
    does this happen to anyone else?
    is it a symptom from my FM?
    HHEEELLLPPP MMMEEE PPPLLLEEEAAASSEEE....
  2. JP

JP New Member

Hello Ckahele,

I have had low-grade fevers for about 10+ years now. They are the pits!! I don't know why I have them. My temp is sub-normal anyway. When I have a temp that reaches 99 degrees, I am burning up.

I also have a positive ANA, which keeps testing positive. The fevers may be part of an autoimmune disease. I don't know if FMS is the cause of fevers. I am not seeking answers right now...just trying to find peace with a body that is unpredictable in function.

I hope your low-grade fevers pass and never return.

Take care,
    Jan
  3. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

Hello ckahele,
    I am going to share with you an experience I recently have had in my quest to get well.
    I too had chronic fevers since spring of 2001.
    Finally what broke the cycle of fevers was treatment for yeast/fungus - I was on Nystatin for about eight weeks and oil of oregano than I was given HLC high potency for several more weeks. I have not had chronic fevers since.
    I told you all that to say... maybe something is going on inside of you too? If not yeast/fungus maybe virus/bacteria? Some have taken olive leaf extract with good results for this. I am on it too.
    If none of this applies to you thats okay. I just wanted to share this in case it helped you. I know how miserable it is to get those constant fevers. Hope you find the answer to solve yours soon.
    Blessings,
    CelticLadee
  4. akchef

akchef New Member

I have noticed over the years. Confirmed by my Dr. That I have an increased (slight) temp when I am in a flair.My Dr suggested its my bodies reaction to trying to fight off the pain and ? of a flair. It sucks. I did a little research and it seems to be common for us with fm
  5. ckahele

ckahele New Member

it's bad enough feeling so sh*tty all the time but another iron in the fire...enough already..
    thanks for your replies, i meet w/my new doctor on monday and i wrote down everything y'all said to discuss w/him.
    YOU KNOW--IF WE AREN'T THE STRONGEST (EMOTIONALLY) PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET THAN I DON'T KNOW WHO IS...LIVING W/THIS IS SO CRAZY !!!!!
  6. michaele

michaele New Member

Ever since this DD hit me 2 yrs. ago, I have had late afternoon to early evening fevers almost every day. It stays on through the evening and goes away by morning. It's more of a fever when I am really feeling bad or have overdone it or really in a bad flare. However, I never seem to be in remission for more than a day at a time ever, so these fevers are quite the mystery. I also have a positive ANA and am still being watched for lupus. But, my sed rate and complements 3 and 4 are ELEVATED, not depressed like one would find in lupus.

All the books I read don't say much about FM and fevers, but so many of us have them----I don't understand. My doctors don't seem concerned. I think they just don't know what to do about it!
    Michaele
  7. jeanann

jeanann New Member

I ussually have a low grade fever??? Before Fibro I was a 98.6 baby always, unless sick.

I will be addressing this with my doc. Perhaps it is a bacteria???

8. Kerplett

Kerplett New Member

I have the same low grade fevers and temp. fluctuation as you. Just after I read your post yesterday, I took my temp. (wasn't feeling well at all) and it was 99.4. Normal for me is around 98.0. About an hour later my temp was down to 98.7, then a few hours later back up to 99.5. Just before I went to bed I took my temp again and it was 98.0! I cannot figure it out. . . used to think that my thermometer was broken until I confirmed it was reading the same as the thermoscan I have. PLEASE let us know if your doctor has anything to say that is worthy of a post - I am so eager to know what could be causing this!

Good luck to you on Monday.
    Kerplett
  9. Joannjbl

Joannjbl New Member

HI
    I have been effected alot by fevers,This week was bad I did have a virus and 100.2 fever and it did me in.But I also run fevers periodically.When it is 99.9 I feel crummy.I also start having alot of pain and symptoms.My mind is fogged do not function well at all.But I also catch any and every illnes that walks by me.I am trying to change that so maybe I will not be so sick this winter.So you are not going crazy.Hope you feel better.
    Joann
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We are like walking petri dishes for infections. They can be fungal, viral, or bacterial. Chronic low-grade temperatures usually means the infections have gone stealth, living inside our cells, which can make them very difficult to detect. Some of the tests to identify them are expensive with high probability of false neg. results.

More and more, docs are willing to treat these empirically. If the antibacteria, antiviral, or antifungal medication causing a Herx Effect, you can be pretty sure it is killing off pathogens.

This is how both my doc is treating my mycoplasma and viral infections. So far, it is working well.

Love, Mikie