What's up with this????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CanBrit, May 26, 2006.

1. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Hi All:

Ok, so I was diagnosed with FM two years ago, Hashimoto's thyroiditis a year ago. I'm told I now have normal arthritis??? The first knuckles before my nails are swelling out and extremely painful.

Costochondritis has started up in my ribs. Now I'm getting nerve pain in my legs and my feet feel like they are burning up and very sore. Some kind of neuropathy I guess.

Any FM'ers out there get this nerve pain???? Have you found any medication that helps with it? This past week, because of our rainy weather, it's just been awful.

Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Eileen
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

3. kriskwon

kriskwon New Member

I had it real bad until I started taking Neurontin. The pain I would get in my legs especially was almost unbearable.

I would get shooting, stabbing, you name it pain. I would also get the burning feeling, like you, on my feet. But also on the inside of my arms and thighs. I have been on Neurontin for about 2-1/2 years. I know still get both, but very rarely.

Maybe you could try that. If you don't like traditional medicane, a lot of people on this board are real smart aout natural approaches too.
  4. findmind

findmind New Member

Neurontin for me, too. Can't do without it, either, for severe neuropathy in ankles, feet.

Dr. started me a strange way; said no side effects if: take 1 cap, 300 mg every nite for 3 nites.

Add a morning 300mg cap after those 3 days, for 3 more days. (You'll now be taking 2 per day, am and bedtime).

Add last 300mg cap at dinnertime.

Final dose was 300mgs, 3x daily=900mg.

I've since increased it two times, and take 600mg 3x daily. Its very benign to me, no problem whatsoever. One can take pretty huge doses, I'm told.

Its an epilepsy drug, I think, but drs found it helped pain patients and began rx'ing it "off-label".

Hope you find help soon.

Oh, Osteo-BiFlex helps all my arthritic pains, too, hands, neck, knees, thank god.

findmind
  5. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member

I get burning arms, I used to wake up in the middle of the night and they felt they were on fire. Dr prescribed me Amatryptaline, I always make sure I take this on a night. Helps a little with the sleep as well.
    Sue
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

My FMS meds help with that pain and keeping my sugar down helps too. I don't seem to suffer very much the past few months.

Of course the summer is a better time for me with my FMS. I have a profile up with the FMS meds I'm on.

I hope you'll feel better.

Hugs,
    Faye
  7. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

Dear Eileen, There's a new medication out now that is specifically for nerve pain and it's called Lyrica. I have been using it for a month and it really helps. Ask your dr. about it.
    A fellow FS sufferer, Julie
  8. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I have a Dr's appointment on Tuesday and I will ask him about lyrica and neurontin. This illness manifests in so many weird and wacky ways.

I hope he'll prescribe one or the other.

Thanks again

Eileen