what's wrong with me¿

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hendrix1968, Jun 26, 2008.

  1. hendrix1968

    hendrix1968 New Member

    Chronic pain all over my body (4 years no relief) prescribed mirapex rls,plmd I require less sleep from 9 hours to 5 wake up 6:00am highly motivated as soon as my feet touch the floor my legs,neck,arms feel sore like the flue after about 6 hours I start feeling better and go outside and tend to my flowers and 2 small garden (pull a few weeds,and water) everything is a daily routine mow yard 1 time a week nothing excessive any heavy lifting and I can't do anything for seveal days.
  2. lillieblake

    lillieblake New Member

    Depends on where the pain is. I found that my joint pain is arthritis and the muscle pain (or pain in really weird patterns) is fibromyalgia. My arthritis pain does work itself out with some activity.

    If you haven't gone to a doctor, I would certainly suggest it. Maybe you need a new physician, someone who is willing to do tests. If your doctor isn't empathetic to your pain, a new doctor will do tests just because that is what they do to really get to know you.

    Good luck. Let us know what you find out.

  3. texangal81

    texangal81 New Member

    I suffered for over 2 years before I finally started looking for medical explanations. Mine is fibro as well. But the worse things you can do are ignore it or self-diagnosis it. Trust me, it is better knowing what you are up against because then you can learn how to fight it.
  4. hendrix1968

    hendrix1968 New Member

    I have ben tested for autoimune disease,thyroid,iron,vitamine D,liver function,cardio stress test,hepatitus,mri for arthritis all test came back normal and very healthy? but I feel pain 90% of the time.
    my doctor I like a lot he never rushes my visit sometimes he is in the office with me for up to 30 minnutes discussing where I hurt when and what causes it to be whorse the only question he ever ask that bothers me is if my lower back pain has is back yet wich was a chronic problem for 15 years until I started seeing him and he gave me mirapex for rls, I asked him about the stiff muscles and aches and he said he would try and figure it out in august.
    Was that the proper thing for a doctor to say or is he waiting to see if the mirapex will cure me now that I have more energy than before?

  5. Debra49659

    Debra49659 New Member

    If after 4 years of chronic pain your doctor has come up with nothing you really might want to ask for a referral to a rheumatologist (sp?)(if I spelled that correctly please cheer for me!!)

    I do not mean to take away from your doctor...but seems to me at this point he should have suggested a referral to a different doctor.

    I had a PCP who did diagnoses the fibromyalgia but I still needed to go to another doctor that is familiar with FM.

    It shouldn't bother him that you ask for a referral, sometimes even the best doctors need a hand.

    I am almost sure that if you ask for that referral a good rheumy will come up with FM.

    Please take care.....
  6. hendrix1968

    hendrix1968 New Member

    Sorry I forgot to mention I have only ben seeing this doc for 4 months he is a rheumatologist (I can't spell as good as a 5th grader) if I were female I'm sure he would have figured out what was wrong with me most doctors don't think men get sick I guess my girlfriend thinks FM is what's wrong with me and all the things I read but that would put me in the 10% .is FM/CFS hard to diagnose in men compared to females.
    I have all the symptoms except no depression/anxiety mood swings or untolerable back pain other than a little achy,most of the life stopping pain is in my legs,neck,arms.
    Does he want my back to hurt so he can write me a script for pain pills and forget about me,
    About 3 weeks ago I had dental work got prescribed lortab 7.5 they made the leg pain whorse and broke out in hives never done that to me before
    Is allergys associated with FM/CFS cause I have developed a lot of food allergys also in the past 3 years.
    How do you convince a doc to look over your gender when you don't feel good. being male eliminates a lot of illnesses it should make it easy for a experienced doc with almost 40 years experience .
    Should I try to find a young doc in another town more savy on on old-newly recognized illnesses?
    Sorry about being a big baby on here I'm just aggrevated I have to wait till august before doc will deal with the aches and stiffness my #1 complaint
  7. msbsgblue

    msbsgblue Member

    Have they checked your "tender points"? You can look up a chart on the net.

    It is usually a pretty good indicator if you have a certain number that hurt or sore.

    Mine was finally diagnosed when I switched family physicians. Not always is it the rheumy that finds it.

    By the way my husband is a member here, he has it as well the Fibromyalgia and CFS.

    If you want to talk to him you could post a post to billcamo.

    It is the opposite with women and their hearts, if it is a man oh the doctors get right on it, with women it is different.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/27/2008]
  8. marti_zavala

    marti_zavala Member

    to make you wait and suffer.

    Keep trying or see if you can self refer to another doctor.

    Search various boards for Good Doc lists.

    Try alternative or functional medicine.

    Keep looking, you have to go through a lot of doctors usually.

    Don't lose hope, keep fighting for some relief. I truly believe that if we keep the pain under control, you don't lower your pain threshold.

    Good luck,
  9. Debra49659

    Debra49659 New Member

    My grandfather had FM although they did not call it that then, he had to fight for years to finally have someone do something for him, he ended up in a wheelchair.

    If you don't feel like you are getting the answers, I agree, find a new doctor.

    Have you brought up the subject of FM with him?? Of course it is hard to really gauge talking online, but it seems his attitute is so relaxed with you. Your in pain, he might be prescribing medication but what is the cause of your pain.

    If you like him...I would schedule another appointment with him....as soon as possible. Tell his office staff you can't wait and talk to him about FM and your concerns.

    Sometimes doctors get snarky if you self educate yourself but you can honestly say your girlfriend mentioned FM. You did mention that right?

    Good luck,

[ advertisement ]