WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by iwassweetcheeks, Feb 22, 2006.

1. iwassweetcheeks

iwassweetcheeks New Member

I JUST FEEL TERRIBLE. I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THESE SYMPTOMS FOR A LONG TIME NOW. I DON'T SLEEP VERY EASILY, AND WHEN I DO IT FEELS LIKE I DIDN'T. MY BODY ACHES. I FEEL WEAK, SOMETIMES DIZZY. I HAVE TERRIBLE HEADACHES, AND IT ESPECIALLY HURTS IN MY NECK AND THE BASE OF MY SCULL, SOMETIMES MY FIANCE WILL MASSAGE MY NECK, THE HARDER THE BETTER, IT HURTS BUT HELPS TOO, DOES THIS RING ANY BELLS FOR ANYONE??
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

iwassweetcheeks:
    If it were me, I would head off to the doctor. I would not dare guess what was going on. It could be so many things.
    I go to a rhematologist for my FM/CFS and get the very best of care. I do not know how you approach your health care, but it may be a wake-up call.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  3. iwassweetcheeks

I HAVE BEEN GIVEN ANTI-DEPRESSANTS, TRANQUILIZERS, BETA BLOCKERS, ALL BECAUSE NO DR. SEEMS TO KNOW WHAT IT WRONG AND BECAUSE I DO HAVE PANIC ATTACKS-THEY BLAME IT ALL ON THAT. NO PANIC ATTACK I HAVE HAD IN THE PAST 10 YEARS HAS CAUSED THESE SYMPTOMS-IT'S ALMOST LIKE MY NERVOUS SYSTEM IS WHACKY-AND MY MUSCLES TENDONS, AND TISSUE ARE ALL AFFECTED AT THE SAME TIME! WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT PRESSURE POINT THERAPY WHAT EXACTLY DO YA MEAN? BY THE WAY NICE TO KNOW I AM NOT AN ALIEN...THANKS TAMMIEK
  4. CarolK

CarolK New Member

HI THERE... HEY WHY DON'T YOU FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE?

How long ago were you dx'd with FM or CFS?? Is that what you have. I cannot tell since you did not fill out your profile.

ABSOLUTELY YES!! Everything you mentioned rings a huge bell for me and I am sure many others here on this message board!!

I agree with you... I have had those same symptoms for years... especially the headaches, body aches and the head/neck hurting at the base of the scull!! that spot has been one of the worst for me.

And the sleep issue is a huge factor for this dd (darn disease)!! As well as the weak, dizzy and flu like symptoms! Are we having fun yet?? NOT!!

Well hang in there and come to this board often... there are lots of understanding people with lots of very good advice and practical ideas to help ease pain and bring some comfort.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!! HOPE YOU TAKE COMFORT IN KNOWING THAT!

BLESSINGS... CAROLK

PS.. HOPE YOU FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE SO WE CAN GET TO NOW YOU BETTER.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/22/2006]
  5. lauralea443

lauralea443 New Member

common among us. But, it could be a number of things including Fibro, sometimes it takes awhile for the doctor to DX you because they need to figure out what it isn't first.

I found sleep is the most important thing to all of us, ask your doctor about different meds that might help you. Many, like me take Klonopin, but each person is different so find the one the is right for you.

Get your sleeping under control first then you can start working on the rest. Your body cant heal or relax if you don't get a restful sleep.

Take care we all know how you feel BELIEVE me we do.
    Laura
  6. lauralea443

lauralea443 New Member

common among us. But, it could be a number of things including Fibro, sometimes it takes awhile for the doctor to DX you because they need to figure out what it isn't first.

I found sleep is the most important thing to all of us, ask your doctor about different meds that might help you. Many, like me take Klonopin, but each person is different so find the one the is right for you.

Get your sleeping under control first then you can start working on the rest. Your body cant heal or relax if you don't get a restful sleep.

Take care we all know how you feel BELIEVE me we do.
    Laura
  7. iwassweetcheeks

I WILL FILL OUT THE PROFILE, HOPEFULLY TONITE. AS ALWAYS I AM FIGHTING TIREDNESS AND A HEADACHE-BUT NOW WITH SOME NEW FOUND HOPE THANKS SOOOO MUCH!!!!
  8. NashCag

NashCag New Member

I know what you should do..I'm actually excited to share this with you because i've dealt with such severe pain myself. The pain that I had at the back of my skull, neck, and the headaches were caused by my jaw. I went to a really nice chiropractor (It's important to find one that does individual treatments), and he worked on my jaw about six times, and the difference is fantastic. Now when I start to hurt in those areas again I go back, but wow, I couldn't get over how the jaw effects so many different parts of your body.
    So please go to a chiropractor, I had never gone to one before, and now I'm sorry it took me so long. It was out of desperation that I tried it, and it really made a difference.
  9. iwassweetcheeks

WELL OH MY OH MY!! THIS IS QUITE A COINSIDENCE I HAVE REALLY BAD TMJ, ALL I HAVE TO DO IS OPEN MY MOUTH AND YOU CAN HEAR IT ACCROSS THE ROOM, AND I DON'T "MAKE" IT POP. IF PART OF THIS IS FROM MY JAW WHEW! I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE ALL OF TIS OR A BIG PART OF IT IS THAT WOW, I MEAN WOW! DOES IT AFFECT YOUR SLEEP? I AM SO CURIOUS...THANKS TAMMIEK
  10. NashCag

NashCag New Member

It was such a relief to me when he explained how one thing
    can cause so much distress. It did affect my sleep, I would wake up hurting, my head felt like it was going to explode,
    everything hurt. And I'm telling you, when he started working out my jaw (and let me warn you..it really hurt), the difference was just remarkable.
    And reading you have TMJ makes me even more sure going to a chiropractor will help you.
    I'm so glad you wrote this in, because I know what you're going through and I really think this is going to help you.
    Let me know how this turns out for you.. :)
  11. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I am afraid that it sounds very familiar. Both me and my son have very similar problems. The person to help most is one trained in trigger point massage therapy. There are many ligaments and tendons that connect to the base of the brain. Sometimes you just wish you could remove your head off of your shoulders and everything would be great. The trigger points need to be gently rubbed and stretched by someone that really knows what they are doing. After the first massages I had I would feel great and then be sick for a few days after. I learned that I was herxing. The massage was releasing so many toxins in my body and I was not drinking enough fluids to flush them from my system. These muscles,tendons & ligaments will also react like a phone cord that has been twisted for a long time. After you straighten the cord it will twist again because that is how it is trained. This means you will need more than one massage. I had to go every week for a few months and between visits to the Wellness Center, I would take soak in baths in salts for a minimum of 20minutes with my neck & head in the water. The microwavable heating pads help and so does ice. Alternate between the cold and heat and that really helps. After your neck supple enough, gentle streches help. Also consider changing your pillows and watch the position you keep your neck in when doing everything.