Whats Wrong With Me?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjg4ever, Apr 2, 2007.

1. cjg4ever

cjg4ever New Member

I have fibromyalgia and I was wandering if I am the only one that feels this way.Do you ever wander if there is something else wrong, how can I be in so much pain everyday.I allways wonder if its something the dr. missed.I am sure my dr. gets tired of seeing me because he never finds anything wrong. I also end up in the ER about every 2 months or so with terrible hip pain, and they never find anything.I know this is my fibro,but its allways on my mind.
  2. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

cjg4ever,

I wonder too about what could be wrong.....sometimes when I am dozing off at night from all the meds to help me sleep, I feel weird like I think I might be dying. I have had this thought for a long time.

Just taking meds everyday has to be doing something to us, and I have the funny feeling it isn't good. It is a shame there are so many of us with so many complaints.

With so much pain in your hip have you had any Xrays, MRI's? Pain hurts!

Hope we all feel better soon...
    Cindy
  3. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi cj,
    you certainly are not the only one, i have been searching for about 7 years, wanting to find something BLACK AND WHITE, with a :name, cause, lab and xray findings, treatment and cure!

i have had so many docs tell me to just accept this, while others feel as if there is maybe something else, also.

How can anything this bizarre, with such a wide range of symptoms, cause so much problems in so many people and be "JUST" fibro/cfs?

the problem is that the illness doesn't get any respect and it makes us all out to be :" malingerers, frauds, nutcases, depressed,etc. etc.", to quote so many "experts"!

I have seen friends diagnosed with cancer, operated on, went thru chemo/radiation, and THEY are back to work and a normal life, yet here we are--unchanged with a problem no one can prove we actually have!

so no way, are you the only one, many of us are still searching!--have a great day, L
  4. TerryS

TerryS Member

Sometimes I wonder what is REALLY going on. "Fibromyalgia"...that just seems like a cop out...too easy.

I think they'll discover some day what is really going on!!! I personally think it's a lot more complex...something's causing this...

There have been more than a few occasions that I laid there in bed and felt I must be dying...it's depressing and scary.

TerryS
  5. Engel

Engel New Member

I have been wondering for around 24 years now myself. :-( My son says if it was cancer I would have been dead by now (he sure knows how to perk me up ... lol ... but that is true). My hips are really bad too. I get really depressed at times but try not to show it. I quit wasting money on the ER years ago. I am going to a Rheumatologist soon ... Neuro wasn't much help. I was really stiff and swollen and could barely move yesterday ... DR put me on lasix which seems to help with some of the swelling. Hip pain is still awful. My hips are so tender. Pain shoots through the buttocks and the sides are extremely tender. But all of my joints are hurting me. :-(
  6. coolma

coolma New Member

fibro is so wide ranging because it stems from a central nervous system disorder. Your nerves go into and affect every part of your body, including our organs, all our limbs - anywhere the nerves go. Your nerves are being affected somewhere -either degenerated disc, or stress, or accients, or damage to the spine - but somewhere is triggering. It's like imagining them on fire and they cause the muscles to go into spasm. And who knows entirely what stress did to us!!!!

A word of encouragement - it took a LONG time and alot of rest, mingled with only walks (the only exercise I could do) with my dog, and getting proper balance in life, i.e. physical, emotional, and spiritual; I have some degree of healing and less pain. Still have fibro but not the horrendous constant pain in the early years. The fibro fog lessened in time (I'm talkilng I am 12 years into this) and I actually managed to remarry - that completely took away the anxiety and depression I suffered. Something else to put my mind on did wonders!

You can get a degree of wellness. Please do not give up - but work on your life - be good to yourself and search for some meaning to life. The spiritual is actually the force that helped me the most. Slowly I've been able to find some meaning and purpose to life. Been there with all the meds - I only take a pain pill and occasional sleep aid with migraine meds now.

Check out other pains, hip pain could be osteo. Swelling could be arthritis. We mistake fibro with inflammation but that is a sub-illness, perhaps arthritis. The spasms feel like you are inflammed!

Good luck and look for a better day ahead.
  7. shell

shell New Member

Hello,

I feel like it is just human nature to survive to make sure there is nothing else wrong with us. I think it would be careless to just have all these symtpoms and not be absolutely sure that they are only from fibro. I had so many different symtpoms and thought for sure for years that I must have a cancer or something else. So definitely until you feel comfortable that it is fibro and nothing else, get everything else ruled out!!

Hugs,
    Michelle
  8. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi cj,

My right hip has been hurting but not the left one. I have had female ultra sound done and all if fine. I had a colonoscopy done and all if fine.

What's left? Also, I am very tender to the touch all over my body. I can touch my arm with my finger and it feels sore.

The most difficult part of all of this, to me, is that when I'm in pain, that's all I think about. Therefore, it has control over my body rather than me having control over it. Does that make sense?

Well, coolma seems to have it together; I suppose she did have something to take her mind away from her problems; at least it sounds like she does; hang in there coolma.

cj, I hope some of your pain will go away; take care hon,

BlueSky555
  9. MrsNaeNay

MrsNaeNay New Member

i've had back neck and joint pain for 12 years now, and still nobody can tell me why, i havent been diagnosed with fibro but i come here because i've researched it and its what i think i have...i'm seeing a rheumy tomorrow to find out for sure...but just like you i have been to docs and ER's with pains in my chest, back neck and joints, and i've had x rays and everything...nobody can tell em whats wrong...and whats worse since i have no name for my pain i cant get anything for pain better than the 800mg tylenols...which dont help cuz i can just dit a home and take 800 mgs out of the reg bottle and get nothing...well hopefully the rheumy will tell me what i have...but as far as your pain i hope it gets better and wish you luck with the doctors...maybe someday we can all find a great doc that just knows whats wrong...lol