What's wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lostsoul63, Jun 23, 2010.

1. lostsoul63

lostsoul63 New Member

I've been depressed for 7 years after a back operation and then for the last month I just haven't felt well. I move from Phoenix to Boise about 2 weeks ago and I have been "not well". My stomach is a disaster, I feel like I have to flu but I'm not ackie, tired, and just don't feel good. The reason I'm posting I feel so bad I just wonder if I have what this message board is about. I feel as far from normal as you can get. No matter what I do I just can't seem to get well. The good thing is I'm not depress because I have been so busy these last 3 weeks. My mother had liver cancer and she tells me how bad she always felt. I'm not sure what to do.
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I can't really diagnose you, but I strongly suggest you look for a naturopathic doctor, who should check you out thoroughly - among other things, he or she should look at your diet, food allergies, possible need for hydrochloric acid and digestive enzymes (since your stomach is so screwed up), probiotics, etc. etc. Most regular M.D.'s won't look at all of this. If your digestion is really screwed up, you will feel sick, no doubt about it, although you won't have the flu. They should also look at thyroid function, hormone levels (e.g., testosterone - low levels can cause depression) and so on.

Take care -

3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Welcome to the board.

4. loto

loto Member

I don't really know what is wrong with you either, I just wanted to say that my problems started after I had a microdiskectomy on L5, S1.

After that operation I was never back to my normal self, and finally, 2 years after I finally found out that I had Fibromyalgia. Don't know if the surgery triggered the FM or not.
    And, last summer I had surgery and it triggered more FM symptoms, and a couple weeks ago I had another surgery and triggered more stuff. It's depressing but I try to keep smiling and keep my mood up.

Hope you find a doctor that will help you feel better and as close to normal as possible.
  5. sascha

sascha Member

if you're worried about liver cancer, you should check that out.

definitely get innards checked out, but not with regular doctor. go to alternative, reputable holistic doctor. they can test and pinpoint what's wrong, and prescribe for your particular problems. maybe get recommendations for doctor at health food store. or check online.

in the meantime you can avoid usual culprits and see if it helps--sugar, wheat, dairy, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol--and you'll be pleasantly surprised if you go this route how much good foods you can have. chicken, white rice are easy on the intestines--try that to start with.

go to health food store and get recommendations for digestive enzymes and probiotics.

i have very sensitive innards- this goes with cfids- but when i keep myself on a healthful food regimen, i do well and don't have digestive problems. when i go off, the misery returns.

good luck- start process of finding out what's wrong. best, Sascha
  6. shirley1259

shirley1259 New Member

Id like to welcome you to the boards like gap did. Sorry i dont have any solid advice for you except you should see a doctor to rule out any other diagnosis.
    Hugs Shirley
  7. lostsoul63

lostsoul63 New Member

Do you mean taking 4oz of activia yogurt say in the morning? 7 years ago I had an operation in my back and it ended my life as I know it. I can't take very long walks without my breathing being effective and I have tried a hundred different approaches. Next week they are going to stick a camera down my throat and take a look. 2 years ago they didn't find anything.