Whats your experience with MSM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monkirei, Sep 8, 2003.

1. monkirei

monkirei New Member

Hav any of you used MSM? Id really like to hear your thoughts on it.
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I have been taking MSM for 4 years. So far I have had no side effets. It helps my arthritixs and fibro. My vet prescribed it for my dog for her arthritis, and I share mine with her . Hope this helps. Terry
  3. monkirei

monkirei New Member

What dosage are you taking and how long did it take to work for you?
  4. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I think it is preventing me from having FIBROPAIN...as ever since I have been on it my fibro pain in the lower back, shoulders and neck has gone..it is a potent detoxifier..and the dosage can be up to 6x1000mg/day..I am presently taking 3xl000mg/day..If you put it into a message search, I think you will find a good deal of discussion on it in the past.

Plantscaper
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

I've used it for arthritis successfully -- but after the pain was gone found I could no longer tolerate it (intestinal crampings). I have some of the pain return but still can't hardly take it. I am apparently one of the few that finds this.

I have the book written by the MD who pioneered it and treated Charles Coburn (the actor) for crippling arthritis. The doctor's opinion was, you keep upping the amount until one of 2 things happen -- gastrointestinal problems or the pain goes away. He has had pateints take as much as 40 grams (I think it was Coburn) without side effects, and it relieved the pain.

Don' t see why it wouldn't be worth a try for FM; have you also tried magnesium and malic acid (do a search)? I use Fibroplex from Enzymatic Therapy, really helps a lot as well.

Good luck,
    Victoria
    PS --also wanted to add, since I can't take much MSM orally, I've started using MSM cream on my hands with DMSO (helps get it thru the skin better, plus is a pain reliever as well); it really seems to be helping. Have used it elsewhere as well.[This Message was Edited on 09/09/2003]

[ advertisement ]