Whats your Favorite Summer Time Food?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Jun 3, 2007.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

It's Melons and Stawberrys and of course anything from the grill! Corn on the cob is so good this time of year, because it's fresh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Homemade ice cream ,,I'm Dreaming!lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,S
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Oh yes the Tomatoes! Forgot about them! lol,,,We have a Farmers Market around here also,,,,But it's about a 17 mile drive,,,,,There is a couple of Fresh produce outlets here that i Frequent all Summer plus they have Amish Food ,,,,,,,

It's Great! i have a Strawberry patch,,,it's not that big ,,, but i get about 10 cups a year off of it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks for your appreciation of the photos! i'll Keep changing them out !,,,,,,,,,,,Real Butter! Yum!,,,,,,,,,,S,,,,,,,,,,,,,,p.s. Nice Photo of you and Kitty! I Love Bruce the Boss Springsteen Too!
    [This Message was Edited on 06/04/2007]
  3. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Yum,all sounds great so far,melons,strawberries,tomatoes.
    In the summer I tend to eat salads with everything.I absolutely love red onions,tomatoes,peppers,cucumber lettuce etc with some salad dressing.
    Love steaks,grilled chicken,tuna with some salad,that'll do for me.
    Followed with fruit & ice cream of course.My taste buds are screaming out for some right now,lol.
    Had a wholemeal pitta for my lunch today & tasted amazing.Stuffed it with grilled chicken,tomatoes,lettuce,& red onion wi a dollop of mayonnaise.
    Sydney,get the barbie stoked up for a big barbecue at your place,lol.
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

So Your Hiding in the Garden! lolol,,,,Pitas are so great ,,cause you can stuff them with alot of food!,,,,,I'm so over the Junk food these days! sounds like you are also! ,,,, Sounds Great,,,,Whats you Bringin' to the BBQ ? Lol,,,,,,
    It's Been 90 degrees for the last week,,,Linda i'm Melting!,,,,,No A/C,,,,,,I'll Be in heaven all summer with the Fresh Fruits and Veggies!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I Bet you get some Really nice tomatoes in Arizona!,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,,Sis
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

Yum! And Fried Chicken and / or Grilled chicken,,,,My Mom used to Make this Jello salad with whip cream and Marshmallows in it,,Think it had peaches in it also!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,all so good!,,,Oh' forgot about Mangos,,,,i guess people make Mango salsa these days!
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

watermelon and fresh tomatoes.

7. kholmes

kholmes New Member

How about smoked salmon and corn-on-the-cob on the grill, maybe a huge salad of fresh garden veggies on the side: lettuce, carrots, cucumber, tomatoes. Add some avocado.

For desert, how about fresh melon, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries, with dark chocolate, pecans, and ice cream?

[This Message was Edited on 06/07/2007]
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

To me!,,,,We have to have Drinks too! But after dinner we can all get on the shuttle bus and go for a tour in the park!,,,,,,,,Can't forget our Cameras!,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,S
  9. PVLady

PVLady New Member

BBQ hamburgers, potatoe salad, chips...
  10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Oh..corn on the cob. Let's see.

That is a good start. We will be going to Chico in a few weeks, and they have field of stawberries, each fiels selling them freshly picked. Sooo nummy.

Looking forward to strawberries.

Have a wonderful summer of eating fresh...oh, I forgot fresh zucchini. Nummy.

11. sisland

sisland New Member

A party Sounds like a Great idea HEy! Mystic i'll put you in charge of scooping out all the watermelon so we can have one of thoes watermelon bowls ,,

,That you put Vodka and then all the other fruit in like the Berries and the cantelope and the strawberries and of course the Watermelon!lolol And of course the Fruit soaks up all the Alchohol (SP),,,,,,,,,,Lolol! I can't spell Alchohol,,,sad!
    I'll put Paulmack on the Grill and Ken Makin the Salad and Rock can keep us entertained with all his humoring stories! lol we'll give him a Microphone!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

And us girls we'll all just sit around with our Feet up eating watermelon! Hey And My Brother has this Contraption that Roasts a whole pig at a time,,,so he will be there too

and we'll have Babysitters for all the kids and Dogs Lolol! Are we Havin Fun yet? the music will be playing and people will Eat enough watermelon to get up and Dance lolol,,,,,,Sounds Fun to me!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sis p.s. Dar will Be in charge of the ice cream! and the Chocolate will Be another one of Ken's jobs,,,How am i Doin so far?,,,,,,Oh yes Everyones Familys are supposed to be there also! Heck this Party could last for a week!lolol
    [This Message was Edited on 06/07/2007]