Whats Your Favorite Summer Time Meal.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BLUEROSE7, Aug 10, 2005.

1. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

I say summer time because I love things fresh from the garden:

My favorite and what I just had for lunch is:

Fresh cooked Green Beans
    Sliced Tomatoes and
    Sliced Cucumbers on the side.

Yummm Yummm!!

Whats your Favorite??

Hugs
    Bluerose
  2. LindaW

LindaW New Member

Tomatoes,mozzarella,basil,on Ciabata bread drizzled with olive oil-wonderful!
    lw
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Bluerose:
    Plain and simple: A BLT club sandwich.
    NyroFan
  4. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

my husband introducted this to me years ago. It is mayo, tomato with salt and pepper and cheese on untoasted bread.

Yummy with tomatoes right out of the garden! Sometimes we mix it up and put bacon on too.

I love it!

Sonya
  5. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

2painful4words..Its ok I love ice cream once in awhile myself, it just dosent love me back, tends to show up around the hips are somewhere...LOL

lindaw....Yummm that sounds so good, Im going have to try that!

Stevie...Love the grape tomatoes as well, I'm really big on Fresh home grown tomatoes. Even love ketup!!

Nyrofan...BLT another yummm, when I was working I would often pick up a BLT before heading to work.

lvjesus...Girl im from the country, you cant beat a good old tomatoe sandwich.

Vickiw...I would love to have a herb garden, I know all the fresh herbs just make everything taste so much better.

Anyone every had Macroni and tomatoes??? Im husband hates it, but I think I could eat tomatoes about any kinda way.

Hugs
    Bluerose
  6. libra55

libra55 New Member

A huge salad with everything in it, and a piece of fish or meat cooked on the grill.

Maybe a little light rice with this.

Topped off with a huge tall glass of spring water with a slice of lemon in it.

Michelle
  7. nina2

nina2 New Member

steak on the grill
    fresh tomatoes,olive oil,cukes,and fresh basil salad
    corn on the cob
    baked potatoe

Just to mention a few folks!
  8. JLH

JLH New Member

I'm like the others .... fresh garden stuff:

Bacon & Tomato Sandwiches w/mayo
    Fresh Green Beans
    Fresh Corn on the Cob

or forget the sandwich, and change it to barbequed pork ribs on the grill and cornbread to go with the green beans and corn.

Steak on the grill .... and anything on the grill, even hamburgers and hot dogs!!

I'll take ice cream anytime .... and Ben and Jerry!!

Janet
  9. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

made from basil just picked from our local basil farm. It is the recipe out of Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook (the red and white check one). We cook a pot of pasta and mix in the pesto, and have corn on the cob on the side. A great summertime meal!