What's your nickname?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shannonsparkles, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Me: Shannon Bug

Mom and Dad called me this when I was newborn and still in the hospital. I was as cozy in the blankets as a "bug in a rug." When I asked Dad for the story of my nickname, I was hoping it would be from "cute as a bug." Oh well. :)

24 years later and I still sign letters to Grandma with "Shannon Bug."

What's your nickname? Do your family members have nicknames too? What's the story behind the names?

((x's & o's)) Shannon Bugglett :)
  2. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

I didn't have a nickname growing up. My family just wasn't into that but after I got married and my last name was Blue that is what everyone calls me. I have been divorced for 12 years but everyone still calls me "Blue".

Everytime I start a new job and nobody even knows about it eventually people just gravitate towards calling me that...I asked a coworker why one time and she said "because it is a really cool name!"

I liked the answer so to me it will always be "cool".
  3. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Mine was boring, just Kimmy. But I have nicknames for my little ones. My little girl is "lovebug" (kind of like yours!) and my boy is "boo" because he was born on Halloween. Thanks Shannon! Kim :)
  4. joyfully

joyfully New Member

My hubby referrs to me as "bottom line Joy". That is because I cut through all of the garbage and fluff----and get to the meat of the matter. He says that I "hit the nail right on the head". He also says that I sometimes use a sledgehammer to hit that nail. I don't beat around the bush. I have RA and FM, so I don't waste a bunch of energy getting to the point.
  5. larryh

larryh New Member

Mainly because when I was younger I lived life as if I didn't care if I lived or died. My body is punishing me for it now, but it was fun.

6. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

I didn't have a nickname growing up..unless you count my dad calling me by my sister's name all the time! (Tee hee)

My kids do though. Damien is "Deanie" and Brandon is "Pumpkin" or "Punk". (Punk fits Brandon better now!) They both are in their teens and neither mind there nicknames when used in front of their friends so they might stick for awhile. Oh! and my stepdaughter, Lacey, her nickname is still "Boo."

I found out years later my husband has an aunt Dellie, they call "Deanie" too. No rhyme or reason for hers either.

Take care and kitten hugs,
    Blessed Be,
  7. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Not so much a name as a letter... "E"

Most people look at my name (Erayna) and don't know how they should pronounce it. E-RAY-NA

Kids in school used to call me "Ray," but as I got out of school, I didn't like that...too masculine.

8. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

I just want to say that I think everyone's nicknames are cute and so fun.

A girl I work with has nicknames for everyone in her family and I think it's a riot. They all still go by those nicknames as adults and of course all the "new kids" have nicknames too.

I on the otherhand did just like my parents and my kids don't have nicknames.

What a great thread!
  9. mrdad

mrdad New Member

----can a Guy with the name of Nickolas have a Nick-name?

Or is that too redundant???

Huggles to ya again!

P.S. I heard that it was -22 in Calgary the other day!!
    And we were complaining here in S.F. 'cause it
    dipped to 46 the other Nite!!!

[This Message was Edited on 12/01/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 12/01/2006]
  10. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

My dad hung this on me when I was just a little girl and called me that until the day he died. Wish I could hear him say it just one more time.
  11. carebelle

carebelle New Member

or everyone calls me mom

oh I love the tater tots story very cute
    [This Message was Edited on 12/02/2006]
  12. caffey

caffey New Member

When I was a kid I was called Chatty Cathy. (Ok you all can stop laughing now lol_)
    I was also know as Caffey or Auntie Caffey by kids because they can't usually pronounce the "th"
    When I was born my dad wanted to call me Kate but my mother said no daughter of hers was going to be called KKKKKKatie. Now how many remember that song?