What's your Story?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BeanyMalone, Mar 19, 2009.

1. BeanyMalone

BeanyMalone New Member

How did you come to find out you had Fibromyalgia? I was first diagnosed with MS(I had optic neuritis)but after MRI's and numerous tests the neurologist decided I had fibromyalgia. My first treatment was Effexor. Other than IBS and sore muscles I wasn't really bothered much.
    Flash forward 3 years and I went to the Chiropractor for a tweaked neck. He placed the electrical impulse machine on my neck and in the it-only-happens-to-me department I got an inflamed nerve. This is the most horrific, 24/7 pain I have ever been through and it lasted about 3 months. After that abated my body began locking down in fourths-first the upper right side, then the lower left side, lower right side, upper right side. I went to a massage therapist who told me she had never seen anything like it. I was like stone. I didn't equate this with fibro until 4 docs later told me that was what was going on, prescribed Valium and eventually the muscles loosened up. Ever since then I have had fibro issues.
    PS Does anyone know what nerve runs from your neck into your thumb(not the hand, just the thumb).
  2. sweetbeatlvr

sweetbeatlvr New Member

starting around the age of 13.

a couple times a year, either my shoulders, hands, or knees, would get these awful pains that would literally wake me up in the middle of the night screaming because they were so painful. no doctor was able to explain it, and i believe they thought i was making it up.

fast forward to age 31, i had a complete hysterectomy (from endometriosis). i started hemmoraging after the surgery and had to be put under again really fast.

about a week after surgery, my hips started aching and hurting something fierce. it then traveled to my hands, arms, shoulders, and then my lower back. now it just moves all the time (same feelings i got during my teen years).

i've recently been prescribed valium for the muscle tension, and it's been the only thing that's worked as far as loosening my muscles (some).

sorry i can't answer you question about the nerve, but i know what you're talking about.
  3. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I had right shoulder blade pain and right rib pain. Doc sent me to PT, that didn't work. Hospitalized for MS workup, negative.

Was sent to a neurologist who diagnosed me in less than 30 seconds.

It has been downhill since. I have pain on my whole right side, head to toe, sometimes crippling. Fatigue 24/7, sometimes crippling. Life has changed dramatically.

P.S. I've had 2 C-sections and my gallbladder removed. The pain of FM is 100 times worse.[This Message was Edited on 03/19/2009]