What's your worst symptom?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shrtcak81, Jan 31, 2007.

1. shrtcak81

shrtcak81 New Member

The symptom that really gets to me is the all over flu-like achiness, followed by major fatigue. What symptoms get to you the most?

Crystal
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Pain and exhaustion

Susan07
  3. mrpain

mrpain New Member

To be honest, it's the combination of the fatigue, sensory overload, brainfog, & pain. Caused me to retire much earlier than I had anticipated.... Now I'm worthless!
  4. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

My most painful symptom is my headaches, my chronic digestive problems also gets to me alot!
    Then I guess the fatigue, brainfog and all over achiness.

Phoebe
  5. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

fatigue, brain overload and fog; exhaustion with no recovery from rest
  6. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

Extreme, overwhelming, debilitating EXHAUSTION...Marie
  7. suzannekart

suzannekart New Member

Being too tired to take a breath. Sometimes I feel as if I will never be able to care about anything. Next would be the flu-like achiness. I don't get it too often. Usually when I get super stressed. I hate it.
    Suzanne
  8. llama

llama New Member

I feel the same as you do shrtcak...the flu-like achiness, weakness and debilitating fatigue.

Good luck to everyone..........Jill.........
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

IS THE CONSTANT ACHINESS!!!!

Kriket
  10. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

1- The Pain
    2- The Fatigue
    3- The Brainfog
    4- Not having a normal life any more.

Love to all, Ann
  11. jole

jole Member

It's almost a tie between the debilitating, constant, yes- too tired to take a breath-fatigue, and the severe headaches, neck, and back pain. But I think the fatigue is worse b/c it overwhelms the emotions and ends everything. With it I get to where I simply fight to exist.
  12. SweetT

SweetT New Member

Well, I have CFIDS and Fibro and Arthritis. When I'm in pain that's tolerable, I just limp around and go on. When the fatigue hits me, I'm a zombie until I can finally get some productive sleep (which may take months). It's the fatigue that makes me deeply depressed, like I cannot go on.
  13. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

the flu-like/feverish feeling. It's awful because I get the chills, muscle aches, and debilitating fatigue. That's by far the most difficult for me to handle. It's even worse when I feel that way and my temperature is low rather than high, because then I feel like I have no valid reason to feel the way I do.

Hugs,
    Kim
  14. FlossNG8r

FlossNG8r New Member

Like you, my worst symptom is the achiness and stiffness (the latter is more the RA). The brain-fog has gotten worse in recent weeks and is the most embarassing for me.
  15. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

shrtcak81:

My main symptom is pain. I use Percocet for it. it helps but my neck and upper back/shoulder area is terrible. Sometimes I can not move my head from side to side.

nyrofan
  16. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

I have had horrible RLS after being off of Trazadone. I had a severe allergic reaction to it. I have to about Sunday as to when it will be totally out of my bloodstream.
    I am still having problems coming down off of it. I would never ever use this drug again or any other related trazadone related drugs.

fun
  17. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

those are my worst two!!!!!!!!! all my other crappy symptoms (IBS, on and off depression, certain areas of pain, constantly losing train of thought mid-sentence, etc) pale in comparison.

but good news!!!!!!! my fatigue and insomnia have been improving recently (last few weeks) becasue I found out I have bad adrenal fatigue, and am now beeibg treated for it.

this is the first REAL improvement I have had since i've been sick. (12 years) The really wierd thing is that my brother who has been very sick for 6 years (w severe depression, insomnia, fatigue, etc) is on same treatment as me and even HE is getting much better!!!!!!!!!!

if you want more info please read my post "i can't believe i'm feeling better" and NOOO i am not selling anything!!!

there is lots of good (free) info about adrenal fatigue. website of --- dr rind, dr lam, dr james wilson, dr poesnecker and his clymer healing center , etc

i hope we all can get better or at least improved. normal people just have no idea how much we suffer.

love to all,
    bigmama2
  18. shrtcak81

shrtcak81 New Member

Wow, Bigmama- that's great that you're feeling better! I've never heard of adrenal fatigue. How do you get tested for that? What exactly is it that you take? I'm wondering if that can be part of my problem.

Crystal
  19. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

please read my other posts toget the info about how to get tested for adrenal fatigue, and what the treatment is. i hope you get the test!!!!

also lots of info about afrenal fatigue on many different web sites- dr lam, dr rind, and adrenal fatigue dot org.

i read your bio- you are very pretty!! how many ferrets do you have? i used to have two. they were alot of fun!! one of them used to nap with me , and i'd call it a "ferrett nap". now i have a great mutt! gotta have a pet.

best wishes,
    bigmama2
  20. TinaJones

TinaJones New Member

Mine is the same as many - the horrible fatigue, followed by the pain issues.

Insightful post!! Thanks... --Tina