Wheat Free Sugar Free Recipies

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ldbgcoleman, Dec 1, 2005.

1. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

So many people are asking for Wheat free or sugar free recipies I thopught I would start a thread. Please add on and bump up. Lets do recipies only to keep the thread easy to use!

Chocolate CAke

1/4 cup Almond Flour

1 Tablespoon Coco

1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder

1/4 Teaspoon Stevia (use more or less depending on taste and brand)

1/4 Teaspoon of Pumpkin spice or a dash of cinnanom, nutmed, or whatever combo choic you would like to go with your liquid flavoring(optional)

2 Tablespoons Melted Butter

1 Tablespoon Water

dash of Vanilla, almond, coffee, raspberry or whatever flavoring you would like

1 Egg

In a 2 cup Pyrex glass measuring cup, blend all dry ingreadients. Add water, melted butter and egg. Mix Throughly. Cover with plastic wrap and place slits in the center of the wrap. Microwave for 1 minute.(it may take longer, it may take less depending on your microwave. Do 10 sec intervals) When done take out and be careful. It will give you a steam burn if you are not careful. To check if done I dip a knife in the center and if it comes out clean I say its done. I place a small plate on top and flip over onto the plate. Let cool, slice and eat!

I use a 4 cup glass measure and make a quad batch. That takes my microwwave 5-6 min to cook. It will feed the family for a few nights or snacking. I do play with the flavors and spice. It helps with cravings of not having anything cakey at times. This has been a real saver to me. With the holidays approaching it will come in handy.

i know the microwave isnt a great option to use but do as you will with it. I havent yet tried baking it in the oven to see what happens. I will let you all know when I do.

[This Message was Edited on 12/02/2005]
  2. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

BAked Pears

1 nonsweet pear or baking apple, per person (macintosh, spartan, golden delicious, rome, or other)

optional: cinnamon

optional: dash of sea salt

optional: bit of butter

preheat oven to 375 F. peel and chop the fruit and place in a lightly oiled, low, glass or corningware baking dish. sprinkle w/ cinnamon and extras if desired. bake for 20-30 minutes or until tender throughtout. serve as a side dish or dessert 1-2 times per week (more for children, about 2-5 times per week). keeps refrigerated for 1-3 days; must be reheated to serve.

3. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Posted September 19, 2005 07:20 PM
    mmmmmmm these are the result of a bit of experimenting, I think they're delicious!

2 cups aramanth flour
    1 tbsp arrowroot
    1 cup dessicated coconut
    1/2 tsp stevia
    1/2 tsp baking powder

Mix all these ingredients together, then add;

1/2 cup melted butter/ghee/substitute
    1 small can(165ml) coconut cream
    1/2 tsp almond essence
    Rice milk

Combine the wet ingredients into the dry mix very well. If needed, add rice milk a little at a time, until ingredients form a 'springy', but not sticky dough.

Roll dough into walnut sized balls and place on a baking tray. Press balls down with a fork or your fingers, until slightly flattened.

Bake at 130 degrees celsius for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to the touch.

4. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Here's a cheese substitute you can use as a spread. L

Pumpkin Seed Cheese
    Filtered Water for soaking seeds
    2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
    1 bunch parsley
    1 Tablespoon of garlic, unpeeled
    1 Tablespoon of minced, ginger
    1 Tablespoon of minced jalapeno
    1 1/2 teaspoons of sea salt
    1/3 cup olive oil
    1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice

In a container filled with water, soak the pumpkin seeds for at least 15 minutes. Drain the seeds and put them in a food processor (or blender) with the parsely, garlic, ginder, jalapeno, salt, olive oil, and lemon juice. Blend until creamy. Keeps for 2 day in the refrigerator.