Wheat

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, May 9, 2006.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

I don't know, but my doctor is going to test me for Celiac disease (gluten problem, wheat)
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I hope it will turn out negative for you. I have often wondered if I had celiac disease, but I really don't think I do.

Post back when you get the results of your test.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. JoaneWing

JoaneWing New Member

I am suspicious wheat is causing my fatigue too. I am trying a wheat free and also rice free diet.

Best wishes and good luck,
    Joan
  4. Empower

Empower New Member

I am having a hard time figuring out what to eat if I don't eat wheat, since it is in everything

Any suggestions on what you do?
  5. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

the easiest thing (ok, so it's now really easy but..) to do is buy a juicer and start making juicing a part of your life. chicken, fish and/or bean dishes for protein. plus nuts and seeds for snacks. gluten free isn't that difficult if you have time to cook for yourself. it gets tough if your free time is more limited.

eddie
  6. place

place New Member

I there are stores such as whole foods and wild oats that carry food that is for people with celiac. I just make most of my stuff from scratch.
  7. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

I am allergic to wheat and am also being tested for celiac. I have started just making everything from scratch, it's the only way I can know for sure what's in my food. I have also found that other flours are easier to find than you think. I was in Wegman's this last weekend and found that right above the "normal" wheat flour, you will find tons of other flours like Soy, Buckwheat... so on and so on.

Also I have found that most grocery stores have a gluten free section, which is super expensive (grrrr!!!) but has helped me emmencely, so I can now atleast find some pre-prepared bread and bagels and things of that sort, along with soy pasta and stuff.

I am also deathly allergic to rice so... needless to say, I can't use that to substitute which turned my everyday life upside down when I first found out about the wheat allergy... I had no idea there was a world of food out there outside of the typical shelves I looked at every week, and I'm a vegetarian slash health food fanatic.

Good luck and let us know how your test results turn out!
    Shananegans