When Crashing Do You Have Crying Spells?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Feb 15, 2009.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have CFS and one doc says FM, one doubts the FM . I have a bad case of whatever I have, but when I feel so fatigued, achy etc. then comes the blues/anxiety and I cry a lot.. I realize crying doesn't help but can't seem to stop. Its like all the negative things in my life just haunt me this darn DD and the situation with my granddaughter and the greatgrans being raised by my daughter and I am still trying to help. There are times I feel like I am losing my mind. My good days are getting to be so few and the bad days are so many.

There seems to be no meds that help except for the xanax which takes the edge off.

Its bad enough to feel so achy, tried, weird etc. but then the crying, am I the only one.

I have tried antidepressants ,can't take due to side effects, supplements don't seem to help.

Thanks, I needed to vent,
  2. sweetbeatlvr

sweetbeatlvr New Member

i do. when my pain is at it's worst, i cry. i just feel like the weight of the world is on (my whole body), and i can't take it, i get very weepy.

i also have had bad reactions to any of the antidepressents they've tried me on.

sorry you are having a bad time, i hope it gets better soon.
  3. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I'm on anti-depressants and I still cry.

I cry even if I'm not in a flare. I'm 39 years-old and my mother who is 64 is in better health than I am and she also has diabetes. I cry because I feel like the weight of the world is always on my shoulders, the guys haven't been keeping up the slack when I have migraines.

But when I do cry it is when I am home alone (most of the time).

I also cry just out of pure frustration.
  4. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

Yes Gran!! i do. when im having a really rough day(by myself) when i feel like im going to die alone before the hubby or daughter gets home, or when i have time to think about all the things i'd like to do..... and can't

Sometimes it just helps to cry it out( at least for me it does) when it's really bad, i get my towel & robe go to the shower, and just stand in there & cry cry cry! usually exhausted afterward so i take a xanax and go to bed. but it seems to make me feel better when i get it out.

Like today is a really bad day,the sky is Grey here, Hubby & daughter went back to work they were both home for a few days cause they had the flu. now I'VE got the flu :( and can't get the hubby on the phone to talk. and i am feeling awful.i have been crying most of the morning,so im sure i'll be going to my cry room later,lol.

hang in there Honey, were all crying!!! but somtimes it can be a good thing i think. hope your feeling better soon! {{hugs}} Kat
  5. 3gs

3gs New Member

Hi greatgran.

I seem to be crying alot more lately. At the loss of everything,pain and oddly after Ive taken Clonezapam night before!

I cry when I think about how I used to take care of mmy gkids,now hardly see them. Breaks my heart when they want to sleep over and can't do it.

I just got offered a free trip for a month on the Oregon coast(sis lives there) and know I can't do it. Haven't been able to travel in five years.

Mostly cry alone and avoid anyone when things are really bad. This winter has been brutal.
    This is not a life its exsisting at this point.

Hope you feel better
  6. star273

star273 New Member

I seem to cry all the time. I am emotional about everything. Just seems like everything gets me right there. It doesnt really bother me anymore. Sometimes it feels good to let it out... Sometimes, I have to hold it back and have a lump in my throat because its totally something I should not be crying about..
    I think its just the hormones maybe... who knows what it is. But i know alot of us with this DD are oversensitive and also feel that things get overwhelming so easily. I hope this helps to know you are not alone..
    Hugs to you..
  7. fifthofanickel

fifthofanickel New Member

I feel like I'm at the end of my rope. I've been having horrible abdominal pain, hardly able to walk, & of course can't go anywhere, so I've been at home, moping, & crying at intervals. I just feel like there isn't anything more to try as far as treating the fm/cfs..I've tried just about everything...So like you, I have to let it out. Don't have any friends left to vent to, as they all went their own way.

Well, don't want to hijack your post, just know you are not alone in this "crying thing" ...We all have our moments, don't we? Hang in there, I guess that's all we can do, what is best for us.

8. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Crying was one of my MAJOR symptoms before I was diagnosed with adult growth hormone deficiency (AGHD) due to Lyme disease. After starting the shots, my crying jags went away in just 2 days.

I know it was the growth hormone because I had to stop the shots for 2 weeks after being on them for 2 months. I needed to take a stim test for growth hormone release. The crying jags came back in 3 days and again went away when I was able to resume the shots.

Have you tried antidepressants? Do they help you? I've tried a gazillion of them and none of them worked. That is another symptom of growth hormone deficiency... No response to ADs.

Do you know what your IGF-1 is? If it's low it could be due to the same problem that I have.