When do you take your Wellbutrin?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Jan 10, 2006.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Are you taking yours in the morning or before you go to bed?
    And what dose do you take?

This is the last one I haven't tried; years ago I went thru the SSRI's with too many side affects.

Thanks for any feedback.

LIGHT*********carole
  2. zerped

zerped New Member

Wellbutrin is the first antidepressant I ever had prescribed, back in '98. I have tried many others since then, and like you, didn't like some side effects. I was taking St. John's Wort, and that is really all I need for depression, but right now my doctor wants me to take this in the hope that it will lessen my fatigue.

I take one pill right after I get out of bed, and the second I take after my main nap. I was told to never take the 2nd one at 6 pm or later, 'cause it will keep me awake. Unless there's a very special reaction, I can't see why anyone would take the others once they've tried this.
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I can take it in the morning, or no later than noon. Otherwise I am wound up forever and cannot sleep! It's been one of the best anti-dep., I have used. Which is saying alot! LOL

Good luck!

Kim
  4. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

I take the twice-a-day Wellbutrin, so it's one in the morning AND one in the evening.

I tried the XL once and HATED it! I felt MORE grouchy, anxious, and impatient!

I LOVE the twice daily one!

Hugs!
    Starr
  5. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I have taken the twice a wellbutrin that you all talked about and then switched to Wellbutrin XL. I would forget to take the second dose early enough in the afternoon and then would be too wired to sleep. I have enough sleep issues without that!

I take 300mg in the morning. It is one 300mg pill. I can't take ssri's so wellbutrin works well for me.