When do your feet hurt more?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Musica, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Musica

Musica New Member

My hands almost always bother me to some extent. Sometimes, my feet have hurt when walking. However, recently, I have woken up in the morning or in the middle of the night with deep aching in my hands and feet, really a painful type of aching. The interesting thing is, when I get up on my feet, it hurts LESS than when I was lying down! Does this happen to you, where your feet hurt more when lying down than standing up?
  2. keke466

keke466 New Member

Mine hurt when I move. I walk alot on the job,nursing home. The pain is almost unbearable anymore. It hurts when I walk around the house. Well really they hurt the minute I hit the floor. Always have walked on cement at work and we all know how that can be on our bodies. I can barely make it up my measly 3 steps to the house when I get home.LOL.

Take care,Keke
  3. volvo

volvo New Member

Hi musica

My hands almost bother me all the time and my feet hurt when walking not all the time . I can no longer wear boots, gave up few years, the pain was dreadful. I have the same with my restless legs whilst laying down i cannot keep them still and the pain gets worse and worse, but when i get up ot subsides. Hope i was of some help?

Volvo

4. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

I get a very bad pain in my hands at night to the extent I cannot cover my self if I get cold( after a hot flush ) I throw the doona off I have a lot of pain in my feet also a lot of numbness
    I don't want to play anymore
    Linda
  5. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

When I get up of a morning, my feet are so stiff it feels as they will break. If I walk any distance at all, they ache and burn. I am flat footed and that doesn't help either. I have a lot of numbess and tingling when there isn't pain. I have found the best shoes for me is New Balance walking shoes. If I don't put on shoes at home and just wear my house shoes, it seems to be worse and I can't walk in sock feet or bare footed at all.
    Stinker56
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

recently and my hands too but my feet are worse, sitting or standing.

I started taking B5, Pantothenic Acid a few weeks ago and it has helped my feet quite a bit although it hasnt taken the pain away altogether.

Worth a try.

love
    Rosie
  7. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

My feet are horribly painful to where I have to use a wheelchair if I go out. My feet are turning blue as well.
    So far, my hands aren't bad.
    You are lucky they hurt less when moving around? Maybe a circulation problem? Wish I could be of more help....
  8. Musica

Musica New Member

does anyone wake up with their hands and/or feet hurting, before they even get up? A real hurting ache?
  9. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

My hands and feet have been really bad the last few months.

I am also waking up DURING the night with same aching as you describe in my feet and hands but somtimes the pain goes right up past my elbows!I do little hand and feet stretches to try and ease it.

And when I get out of bed and try to walk the pain in my feet is unbearable!!I feel as though they are really swollen underneath.It takes a while for the pain to ease.

It also happens during the day now when I am sitting down and then get up to move....my feet get really sore again.
    It is an awful pain to get and I have no idea what we can do for it.Take care.

Rena

[This Message was Edited on 11/06/2005]
  10. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

11. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

because I'm chemically sensitive. I can always associate an allergen link I've been exposed to. I keep my home as chemical/scent free as possible, so it hits me hardest after I've been out. Airfresheners do it the worst.

If you are waking up w/ this kind of pain, then there may be an allergen link in your bedroom that can be removed. Do you keep candles on your nightstands, burn oils, do you have a new mattress or mattress pad? Do you have anything new near or on your bed, does your hubby wear cologne?

I'm glad someone else got some substantial relief from B5.

Jeanne
  12. lilbird

lilbird New Member

Hi Musica, My feet hurt in the morning when I wake up. Like you, after I get up and start moving they feel better. I have been wondering about this myself. It only started a few months ago.

I was thinking that maybe my blood circulation wasn't good and laying in bed all night not moving around my feet arn't getting enough blood.

My hands don't seem to get worse at night.

Cathy
  13. Musica

Musica New Member

Thanks, Rena, for bumping this, and for the other responses.

I can't think of anything new in the room except for my CPAP, and that is supposed to help, not make things worse! LOL

There are times that my feet hurt when I first get up, but only recently when my hands (to my elbows) and feet have hurt when waking up, before getting up. I have wondered about circulation problems while sleeping. Especially since my cat often sleeps on my legs at night! Doesn't account for my hands, though. I assume the elbow side is more related to TP's. If you get any answers, please let me know!
    [This Message was Edited on 11/06/2005]