When enough is enough

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat211, Jan 13, 2011.

1. kat211

kat211 New Member

While this isn't nessecarily about fibro, I have found great support from the members of this board and I need support more now than ever. I honestly don't know what to do next. Here is the condensed version of the epic novel that has been the past 2+ years of my life.

On top of the fibro, the house I bought contains toxic mold that the sellers concealed. Both my son and I have recently been diagnosed with asthma and other issues due to the conditions of the house. I have been trying to settle w/the sellers and after their insulting $1k offer, I will be filing a lawsuit w/the court. We are so sick we have been forced to move into an apartment. Fortunately my ex-mil is paying for the apt for us for 6 months. Oh, and we can't take most of our stuff b/c of the mold. And the mold killed our beloved dog Lola. I recently had to sell my car to pay off attys fees and medical bills. Today we had to surrender one of our dogs b/c she is not adapting to apt life well at all. Then, I get a call from my ex husband who was at the mold house that someone broke in. In broad daylight none the less. Well, I gathered up the kid up and drove across town in rush hour to find the already trashed house even more trashed. They stole my fire safe that only contained birth certificates and newspapers from 9/11 and bunch of other stuff. For reasons I can't disclose here, I'm not sure I will be able to replace my BC. Fortunately they missed my gun.

I can't take any more. I was ranting while walking through the house w/my ex and the cop and my ex said something stupid like calm down and I lost it. I snapped and verbally ripped his head off then switched right into crying b/c I saw my son's room had been trashed and his toys had been dumped out of their containers.

I thought my limit was hit on monday when the DMV jerk called me a liar and I snapped and gave her a lecture and told I would pull her oompa-lumpa-rear over the counter if she continued.

I hurt. Inside and out. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

So that is most of it, well in addition to the cruddy fibro stuff, daily life, and every thing else.
  2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

you need to read what you just wrote. imo, your outbursts were mild. a person can only take so much before they have to vent, or break, or whatever you want to call it.

i marvel at the people who can keep it all together when they are faced with too much on their plate, but honestly i think they just do all their venting in Private, sometimes thats just not possible.

i find myself lashing out at the hubby, and other family members for small things. sometimes they dont get it at all so i guess i say things to make them feel somewhat as bad as i do.then i take a step back, say im sorry and try to regroup.

what helps me is to not read so much about this disease. meditation, and reading things that will help me cope makes it better. then i can be nicer to the ones around me, for a while.

your certainly not alone, your just human, and sometimes it's tough. it helps to vent, so today i hope your feeling better :)

when i get that way, i usually find a book i may have read a half dozen times if it inspires me it's a good thing for my soul.hang in there!

{{Hugs}} Kat
  3. 3gs

3gs New Member

Iam so sorry for what you are having to go through. Its so sad to hear what crappy people will do to others.

I understand what you are going thru. Iam fighting an on going rip-off from contractors,leaking roof etc. praying I dont have a mold problem.
    Sometimes I just feel like throwing and smashing stuff.

Its not easy to deal with being sick either. I wish I had some suggestions.

4. luigi21

luigi21 Member

Crikey you definately are not having a sh*t free fan time of it! bloody hell, all i can say is talking about it here is great, let it out thats what i say, then as always we can only do what we can do with what we've got. From experience bloody law suits take ages, so just do what you can there a bit at a time see where you stand.
    Secondly, i believe you can get a replacement birth certificate, many people lose theirs in fires and stuff, think you have to apply where you was originally registered.
    Finally, write a list of what you can do and what you can't do. Then keep a journal of your feelings even if you write great big swear words across the pages, everyone is angry, and everything your've been through are more than just straws that break camels backs. (i'm english by the way so hope you understand our sayings!) i understand oompa loompa arse lol, sorry that is funny, i may use that one myself. There are many oompa loompa ass' ive wanted to drag across counters!
    I have asthma myself, don't know how it was caused, definately no fun, especially when some Ahole has caused it, but you can only go forward and do what you can, doesn't mean you can't be angry about it thats justified, but try to use it, don't damage yourself, use it to get the AHole who sold you the house. Keep us informed.
  5. kat211

kat211 New Member

The thieving morons came back for a second run after we all left last night. They took my liquor.$500 + in good wine and vodka gone. Now, I'm not a big drinker, can't be with this DD if I tried, but I had finally collected the perfect liquor cabinet. They also took a bunch of my designer purses. I was in such a state that my ex mil told my ex husband to babysit me to make sure I didn't get a respirator and sit in the house with a gun with the lights off waiting for them tonight. I am in so much pain now that I just want to hurl.
  6. luigi21

luigi21 Member

Bloody hell, makes you wonder if its someone you know, they say it usually is, they must be watching the house, have the police been vigilant? (what bloody good they are). Gonna have to get an alarm, my cousin was broken into twice in a short period of time, awful makes you feel invaded, she got herself an alarm, put security signs up, spikes on the garden walls, grew ivy up them as well, and got herself a German Shepard, although you can get dog signs without having a dog, they serve a good warning. My cousin reckons it was someone she knew, they went to exactly where her valuables were, now she doesn't keep things in her security box, she uses that as a decoy, theres nothing in there, and hides things in obscure places like the washing basket etc. ex hubby sounds like a good idea at least you can get a couple of nights sleep feeling safer, rest your body a bit. Gonna have to start telling people you know dodgy people so it gets about and they leave you alone! have to tell them something like your dating a criminal, policeman, army bloke or something, any thing to protect yourself, it works. when people know your on your own it makes you vunerable gonna have to tell some porkie pies, let it get about your area (everyone gossips because they have nothing better to do).
  7. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I just now saw your post. How awful for you.

Hopefully things will calm down, relatively speaking that is. Things are hard enough with this DD.

I am so sorry you are going through this.

Take care.

[This Message was Edited on 01/16/2011]
  8. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I am so sorry for every thing you have had to go thru. So go ahead and vent all you want. It will help you to let go of the anger and other emotions. I am afraid that if I had to go thru all you have been thru I would be in a padded cell.
    Hope things imporve soon,
  9. kat211

kat211 New Member

I was in so much pain last night that I was shaking almost like I was having a seizure. It took me forever to make it to bed. I know my body is worn down, but I also know that I will continue to push myself. I will not rest until I am satisfied. I will not be defeated. By anyone or anything. My soul is tired of this constant battle. I really just want peace. That's all I've ever wanted. That's all I've ever sought. I'm not going to ask why me. Who knows. Who cares? Would it really make a difference?

I will not feed the rage that roared inside of me on Thursday. I have experienced so much hate and anger for many lifestyle times. I cut off all contact with my family to get away from it. I will not let it back in my life. I will not allow it to touch my child.

I'm off to make my posters for the old neighborhood now. A detective just called and they found a group of kids linked to a few other break-ins. Their parents won't let them talk. I told the det to make sure the parents knew that possessing my medical record is a federal felony and I will pursue charges, which will come with stiff penalties w/HIPPA laws, unless they are returned with the other paperwork. The parents evidently aren't worried about misdemeanors, but fed felony charges would not be pleaded down to misd.

Here's hoping no one here has to experience any of this.
    Love and peace,
  10. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Oh you poor thing...
    You need a big glass of wine girl!

So the previous owners offered you money - are they admitting they knew about the mold then? I hope you have that in writing? Did you happen to get an inspection before you purchased the home? If so, I'd be going after the inspector as well.

Does homeowner's insurance cover anything? If you had any damages from the break in, it should cover that any way. Definitely leave some lights on over there so your home doesn't look abandoned.

I'm sure you're angry as hell. I would be too - however.... it's only eating you up and making your stress and health worse. You'll get this taken care of, one way or another. Things can only get better from here right?!!!

Thank goodness you've got your child - that's the bright light in your life. So give each other a big hug. You WILL get through this.
    We're all here for you!
    Keep us posted!!

Hugs -
  11. kat211

kat211 New Member

I don:t know how I am actually getting out of bed every day, I am. I:m sitting here typing this and my legs feel like they are being put through a meat grinder. blech. I am slowly chipping away at all the stuff that needs to be taken care of, or that needed done yesterday or last week.

I bought new towels and a bath pillow yesterday and I was so excited to come home and wash them and take a bath. Well, the plumbing is still messed up so the bath never happened b/c the laundry room flooded and the bathtub filled with other people:s ick.

I have a ton of errands to run and would like to be out running them to get out of the house but I have had to throw out my winter coat b/c of the mold in the old house. I ordered one yesterday and paid $20 for overnight shipping so it should be here just in time to go pick up my son from school.

Ive managed to let go of the anger for the most part. I grew up in a very angry house, I don:t want to live like that. i think im going to lay down, or at least try to.