When filing for SSD R U paid by what U worked on last job??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Jul 9, 2006.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

When I file fo SSD don't they go by the last job I had. If I worked fulltime and how long I worked there. If I have to get another job and then file for it won't that be worse for me. Not sure about my unemployment yet but SSA told me I can file for SSD while drawing unemp. I'm all up in the air on what to do.

Thanks,Keke
  2. ChungieDolor

ChungieDolor New Member

Was by calculating the last three years of my earnings and dividing it to get a monthly amount. What messed me up is that I worked part time the last year, as I was rapidly getting worse. I would talk to an attorney for advise.

You need to be disabled for 12 months and not working to file for ssd. There are other conditions as well. I believe this is so from my recollection. It would be wise to have short and long term disab benefits for financial support in the meantime.

My long term disability was different, they used my last hourly wage, to determine the amount I would receive.

Sincerely
    Chungiedolor

P.S. They say more SSD cases are won if one has an attorney.

3. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

to file, but the disability has to be expected to last for at least 12 months. Yes, you can file for SSDI while on unemployment but you cannot legally receive unemployment when you are disabled because you have to report that you are able to work. You have to be actively looking for work to receive unemployment.

As far as how they determine your benefits, it has to do with the highest quarters of the last five years. I tried to get the formula from the goverment site but they must be updating because it is unavailable.
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

ssa will not and i repeat will not count that against your ssdi or ssi claim if you are to win...i know this for a fact i had drawn it...

i do advise get an attorney if you are denies at you intial stage of filling ssa..

disabilitysecrets.com

jodie