When is an IGG high enough to show an active infection?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LISALOO, Dec 30, 2008.

LISALOO New Member

All the viral stuff, HHV6, EBV, Parvo, CMV, etc, I am negative for IGM. However, I read that some drs think a high enough IGG shows that there is an active infection.

But what numbers do those have to be?

For example (through Igenix: My EBV IGG: 3.46, EBV Nuclear Antigen IGG: >5
    Parvovirus IGG: 6.1
    C. Pneumoniae IGG 1:32
    M. Pnuemoniae IGG 1.41

Some of these are from 2005 & 2006 (F&F CLinics never said I had anything)

[This Message was Edited on 01/01/2009]
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

what are the normal ranges?

LISALOO New Member

EBV - >= 1.10 - positive antibody detected
    Parvovirus (IGG) >1.1 out of range
    m. pnuemoniae (IGG) >= 1.1 out of range
    chlamydia pnuemoniae (IGG) Less than 1:32 is normal

So how much is out of range and possibly an active infection rather than past? Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Always said I wanted to move to Canada. Loved Toronto. Been to Windsor several times since we've gone through Detroit.

LISALOO New Member

5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I believe I read in an article (I think it was written by Dr Teitelbaum), that there is no real test that can show whether an infection is old or reactiviated, but I believe he and my FM Dr treat the infection with antivirals when the IgG result it at least 4 times the normal.

I believe that I read that Dr Teitelbaum considers treatment with antiviral meds when the HHV-6 titer is at least 1:320, and he considers treatment when the CMV IgG is 4.0 or higher.

LISALOO New Member

Thanks, so I probably only have Parvovirus maybe, ugh, the one thing that's hard to treat.
    And that one's borderline.

No viruses, nothing else, what is wrong with me?
  7. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Have you been checked for hypercoagulation? I think the high IgG results mean the bugs are hiding in excess fibrin. Do you know your sed rate?

Have you had a full hormone panel done especially IGF-1, all the thryoid tests -- TSH, Free T3 & Free T4, Reverse T3, the two AB tests? How about estrogen, progesterone and testosterone? Cortisol? ACTH?

What did your Lyme test show? Any positive bands? Lyme is prevelent in Wisco. How about any tests for Babesia? That's also a biggie in Wisco. Ehrlichia? Bartonella? Candida?
    All of these things make up the typical Lyme soup.