When Motrin Don't work then what ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Sep 22, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I do not get to my new Dr. till next week. But what can I do now if the Motrin doesn't help.my hand is swollen and stiff with severe pain along with my spine.

I can not take aspirin because of my stomach. Tylenol and Motrin hurts my stomach. What is left? I have ulcers so I really have to watch what I take.

I take warm baths it helps a little til I get out and then I hurt just as bad. Warm help a little ,Ice hurts to bad.
    Anybody have anything else that might help til I get to the Doctor?

I'm so sorry, I feel like I am all ways complaining lately about all my different pains. I know people get tired of hearing about it. I was just hopeing that someone may have something new they have tried.
  2. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

I am not sure what the whole sitution is but, maybe you can buy an OTC sleep aid and just crash out. Sometimes, sleep can be a healthy escape from pain. What about a Ben Gay type rub? Or a trip to the ER? Sorry, to hear your all banged up. Don't appologize for complaining....I may not understand completly but, I sure do smyapathize. We all know what it is like to live with pain, here. Good luck!
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

magnisum up sets my stomach .Alieve doesnt help
  4. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I've heard butter burr can be very helpful. You can find it at a healthfood store. I'm not sure if I've spelled it right.

Sofi
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member