when pain is worse than normal pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ETN, Nov 12, 2008.

1. ETN

ETN New Member

Well a littler over a week ago my fibro dr called to tell me that my liver enzymes were elevated. So he was concerned but said lets see where you are on your next lab.

Well about a week or so before that I noticed my back had been bothering me, which is usually does but it's my low low back. I was having pain right above my waist on both sides.

So the last 4 days my back is so bad and it's not my normal pain. It's so frustrating. Because most of the time they will say it's your fibro. I hate that.

When do you know it's not your fibro. ya know!
    I am due for blood work again but am thinking of calling my dr and calling in a UA for me to be done when I do my blood work.

I have been saying for the longest time that I have to have more than just fibro/cfs. I have really thought there is something more severe going on. I just can't be this sick. I am getting worse and not doing well.
    My fatigue is the worst part. Then the pain. But the fatigue is worse than chemo fatigue. Literally.

So I am thinking something might be going on with my kidneys because I have had one in the past and it's where the pain was. I have been having the urge to go and not alot comes out and I am going quite a bit. UGH

When does any of this every end. It's so tiring.

2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm sorry you're struggling and in such pain. It's terrible, isn't it? to be told 'it's just the fibro' when the pain is above and beyond what you've come to understand as normal fibro pain. I hope you get the attention you need from your doctor and feel better soon. God bless, Anne Theresa
  3. cressida

cressida New Member

I'm glad you addressed this because I just went through this recently myself. I don't even know when I'm getting a cold or flu because I have flulike symptoms every day. It's not until I get the extra symptoms that go along with it, that I realize it's not the normal fibro.

I was having severe pains in my lower back for quite some time but of course thinking it was the fibro - I did nothing. Then suddenly, my blood pressure was skyrocketing and I was having heart arrhythmia. I went to the doctor and asked to be tested for EVERYTHING! In the meantime - he gave me high blood pressure medication, which I didn't want to start taking until the tests were confirmed. It turned out that I had a bad kidney infection, which causes the kidneys not to be able to process sodium - which in turn starts elevating blood pressure.

I was put on antibiotics and am starting to feel much better in that area. My blood pressure returned to normal. My advice is to pay attention to any changes that you can't account for that do not seem normal for the pain. I'm glad I did.