When to see doc?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mistymemories, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Mistymemories

Mistymemories New Member

Hi. I keep having bouts of muscle aches. My Mother suggested I start a diary to track this, which I started last March. Each time this happens, I swear I'm getting the flu or a bad cold because I just ache so bad. Nothing ever happens. I just ache and eventually it stops. I had a bout of this in March, one in April and then again now. Each time I feel like I'm running a fever, but when I take my temp, it's always normal. This time however, on the fourth day, I developed a rash on my face!!! I talked to a nurse at work (work for insurance), and she said it sounds like Lupus and suggested I continue to document these episodes and hold off on seeing the doc for now. Has anyone else experienced these symthoms? I feel better today (it's been a week), the rash is still here, but I think it's fading slightly. I would appreciate your thoughts on what this could be and at what point do I see someone about it. Thanks.
  2. rhonda357

rhonda357 New Member

Hey Misty,
    It sounds like it could be Lupus, in any case get yourself to a Rheumatoligist asap. Lupus can do a lot of injury and you want to stop that as son as possible. If it's not Lupus you still need to go to find out what it is. Don't wait.
    Rhonda
  3. Mistymemories

Mistymemories New Member