When was the last time you smiled?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GoDaleJr, Nov 5, 2002.

1. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

Do you remember? Has it been that long? Didn't it feel good?
    Don't you want to do it again?
    I write this because I smiled today and I ralized that I hadn't done that in days. I hadn't talked to anyone in days. And that really isn't any way to live.
    I am so thankful for those two goofy horses out in my yard. They are my entertainment.
    I also love reading the jokes that are posted on the chit chat board. They usually make me laugh too.
    And as the poster on my Chiropractor's wall says, it takes a lot of muscles to make a frown and only like a few muscles to make a smile...so why are we wasting all that energy on all those muscles frowning all the time? (or something like that, I can't remember word for word what it says.)
    Going along with some of my other posts, trying to promote more positive thinking on this board, take a moment out of your pain to smile about something. Even laugh. I know the last time I laughed pretty hard my ribs and stomach muscles hurt for three days, but it was a good kind of hurt. But that was over 3 weeks ago. I want them to hurt again.
    What makes you smile and laugh???

2. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

Do you remember? Has it been that long? Didn't it feel good?
    Don't you want to do it again?
    I write this because I smiled today and I ralized that I hadn't done that in days. I hadn't talked to anyone in days. And that really isn't any way to live.
    I am so thankful for those two goofy horses out in my yard. They are my entertainment.
    I also love reading the jokes that are posted on the chit chat board. They usually make me laugh too.
    And as the poster on my Chiropractor's wall says, it takes a lot of muscles to make a frown and only like a few muscles to make a smile...so why are we wasting all that energy on all those muscles frowning all the time? (or something like that, I can't remember word for word what it says.)
    Going along with some of my other posts, trying to promote more positive thinking on this board, take a moment out of your pain to smile about something. Even laugh. I know the last time I laughed pretty hard my ribs and stomach muscles hurt for three days, but it was a good kind of hurt. But that was over 3 weeks ago. I want them to hurt again.
    What makes you smile and laugh???

3. sybil

sybil New Member

and i laugh a lot too.
    FMS is only a part of my life,it isn't all of it and i don't want it to take over my life,so that every waking moment it is all i think about.i have fought continually and i'm still fighting,to get the treatment i'm entitled to,but i haven't lost my sense of humour.
    but i can understand how people can get completely overwhelmed by their DD's so their life is controlled by them,i refuse to let that happen,

sybilxxx
  4. Sorka

Sorka New Member

It takes 73 muscles to frown and only 3 to smile.

Smiling may make you a friend.
    Crying only makes your mascarea run and your pillow get soggy.
    which would you prefer.

Let a smile be your umbrella on a rainy rainy day.

sorka
  5. kay

kay New Member

I smile all the time. When I am out I smile at everyone, and say hello. I have always been very out going and friendly. Have you noticed that you dont hear alot of laughter though!!! It almost sounds strange when you do hear it! Its just not heard of like it use to be! Some times I get to laughing so hard, that I start to cry! I mean really crying.EEK!!! i LOVE TO HEAR LAUGHTER. Needs to be more of it!!! Linda
  6. dbirdman

dbirdman New Member

If you have Children, especially small ones, or Grandchildren, Nieces, Nephews, etc., spend some time with them. Look into their eyes, share something exciting with them, like what their favorite stuffed bear has to say, or peek-a-boo. The Children benefit from your attention, and it's guaranteed to make you smile!
  7. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I smile and laugh a lot!!! I try to see humor in all things and I laugh at myself daily!!!
    I have always been known for my laughter......this is a good thing!
    Love,
    Kady
  8. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

but smile and laugh out loud on and off all day long. I watch alot of "comfort" tv...Seinfeld, Frasier, Andy Griffith, etc. and the old Fred Quimby cartoons. They entertain me, make me feel good and like I was a kid again, living in a stress-free, safe world!

Marilyn :)
  9. Simoriah

Simoriah New Member

I have this wonderful friend, who, unfortunately had to move a couple hundred miles away. We always laugh ourselves silly, everytime we are on the phone together, which is at least twice a week for an hour or more. And we laugh about the bad things in our lives as well (for ex. - the phone bill!). Don't be afraid to poke fun at yourself and your situation - and don't tell me there is nothing funny about it! Just look around you. There is always something worthy of a good laugh.

And as far as "comfort TV" don't forget Everybody loves Raymond, anything with Drew Carey in it, and Golden Girls!

Hugs - and laughter,
    Sim
  10. karen55

karen55 New Member

Or something like that........I'm really dating myself if I remember THAT song! I smile, I laugh, even on really bad days. It actually makes me feel better to laugh. Fortunately I work with people who are always clowning around and someone usually does something that's worth a good laugh. It helps me get through.
    And I truly believe than mental attitude affects physical illness, and a positive attitude MUST be good for dealing with it.
  11. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I seem to feel 2 emothions these days, fear and anger.
    I hate it.

Jaci
  12. maleficent4310

maleficent4310 New Member

No matter how down I am, or how much pain I'm in, I always know my son will cheer me up. One kiss or hug from my angel, and my day is brighter. God blessed me.