When wellbutrin doesn't work

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Josiegirl, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Josiegirl

Josiegirl New Member

I have been useing an antidepressant called Wellbutrin for several years. Now my doctor has me takeing seroquel(quetiapine)along with wellbutrin. I am useing Seroquel as an augmentation agent for treatment-resistant, nonpsychotic major depressive disorder (DSM-IV). I worry about the fact that it may increase my risk for developing heart disease and diabetes. Do many CFS people use seroquel along with their antidepressants?
  2. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

A friend of mine took Wellbutrin and she said it made her have so much anger that she wanted to rip people's troats out.

I definitely should not take anything like that.

As for the other thing, I am not educated on it.

However, many people who are resistant to Wellbutrin are placed on an SSR or SSRI, as they have a different mechanism.

3. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i have been taking seroquel for almost 2 years now and it has been a wonder drug for me. it has not only been able to stabilize my mood but it is the only thing that has ever been able to work for my insomnia. there may be some risks that they are finding with it now. but i think it's worth it for something that has really given me my life back.
    rachel