When will I ever learn?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DeborahLynn, Mar 8, 2010.

1. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I guess I just forget that wrong choices affect me severely; things that were no big deal to the pre-CFIDS/FMS me!

Now, I know that eating late makes me have to stay up even later because I can't go to bed until the food digests (GERD issues, etc.). And I know that eating so close to bedtime makes my poor sleep even more poor. And I know that not enough sleep causes a significant increase in my pain, fibro fog, weakness, and all the 90+ symptoms of CFIDS/FMS that I experience.

So I ask myself, WHY did I have to go and do it again?!!

Most of the time I do my best to avoid things that will exacerbate CFIDS/FMS. Every now and then, when enough time has elapsed from the last slip-up, I seem to forget and have to learn the hard way all over again.

What do they say about insanity - doing the same thing over and over again, while expecting a different result? It seems like I must be getting pretty close to it, huh?!

I'm just amused at myself. Maybe you can relate, and be amused at me,too; then this crash will not have been in vain! :)

Here's a rose for you: @>

God bless!

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I can so relate to what you are saying! I ask myself all the time-WHEN WILL I LEARN!

I keep thinking there is going to be a different result-til the crash comes,then its oops did it again.
    Think we get that old idea that maybe Im normal again and desperate to do stuff.

glad you have a sense of humor it helps
    Thanks for the rose,back to you without thorns!

3. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

It's an easy thing to do with CFIDS/FMS. Out of the many people I've spoken with or read about who have these diseases, only one person said she knows how to pace herself. I think my body reacts differently each time I do something, so it's difficult to know what's going to happen.

But I should have known better than to stay up late, etc... With the Lord's help, I'll try to do better in the future!

Thanks for replying, and thanks for the rose with no thorns!

4. quanked

quanked Member

on a good day. You state the insanity so well. I thought I was the only one who kept forgetting. I go through the exact same process every now and then.

I have some acid reflux attacks that bring me up out of a dead sleep. It can take hours to bring it down to a point where I can sleep. In all fairness my digestive system becomes more and more intolerant to greasy foods over time.

I forget these bouts after awhile but I am not sure how. But then I forget many things inside of a fraction of a second : )

Flowers to u 2.
  5. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

We are not alone; I feel your frustration - the Gerd is troublesome. Sometimes I just have to sit up to rest or try to sleep.

My digestive system seems to be doing the same thing - getting more intolerant of greasy foods, and also foods with gluten and meat analogs (veggie meat). I'm a vegetarian (mostly vegan), and when I eat something with dairy or grease, my whole system objects.

If I stick to eating mostly fruit and veggies, nuts and seeds, I have less trouble with Gerd.

Our systems are so fragile that any imbalance seems to tip us over the edge!

Have a good night!

6. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

This sounds so familiar! I do it too. I do hope whatever you ate was really really good. I ate roast beef yesterday. I hardly ever make it because I know it gives me digestive and bowel problems for some reason.

Of course I got indigestion, and now I'm taking a laxative, but you know what, it was worth it! It was delicious. I feel like I have to do something normal, without worrying about the outcome, once in awhile or I'll go nuts.

I think we all do this, well people too. Now I'm hungry again. Think I'll see if there's any roast beef left! :) GB66