When will I receive Medicare?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tgeewiz, Aug 2, 2008.

1. tgeewiz

tgeewiz Member

Hello all. I just received my notice on 7/26 that I have been approved for SSDI. My effective date of disability was January 2005.

Since I have already passed the two year waiting period for Medicare, when should I receive it?

I'm hoping to receive it in August because I really need to go to a GI doctor.

Thanks and God Bless.

2. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Either call medicare or SSDI and ask when your qualifying date for medicare is? I know that my date was OCt of 06 and yet I was told that on Feb that I qualified for SSDi and didn't belive it as It was amy first try no lawyer and I got it . So shocked that I told them that they much be mistaken as It always takes over two years and an lawyer to get it. I was told that in OCt of 2008 that i would qualifiy for medicare .

I now have found a good plan for me as I am not 65 yrs yet so my agent put me on unicare which is a transional plan. It is FFSP. It has some of the things reg part b has like free mmmamograms, yearly exam mamorgrams ect.
    IT costs me the $96.40 just like reg part b medicare does but pays out better and the coverage is much beeter.

I would say to call them and get to try a real perosn for medicare.
    Thanks for your thoughts all of you.
  3. tgeewiz

tgeewiz Member

Bump - Anyone else?
  4. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

They automatically sign you up for the Medicare 2 effective 2 years after the approval date (yours would be 1/07). You then have the option to keep the Medicare or decline it and they will refund the money. You also have the option, if you have any outstanding medical bills from 1/07 to current, that if you pay the premium you will have coverage for that too.

I got my backpay check in June, I delined the Medicare because I have insurance under my husband. They sent me a refund for the 2 months they deducted.

M J