Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by street129, Nov 23, 2009.

1. street129

street129 New Member

Today i found out i have another one added to the viruses that i have, ''MYCOBACTERIUM'' AVIUM COMPLEX. WHAT EVER THAT MEANS, didnt care to asked doctor.

2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

it is a bacterial infection that typically only hits those with compromised immune systems......it can be treated with antibiotics.....of course, antibiotics, as I think you know, can cause problems with Candida, but if you take them and then a few hrs later take probiotics, that can help

I'm sorry that you are finding so many things wrong with you, but at least the Dr IS finding the stuff.....so many people have so many things wrong that the Drs miss (and they obviously cannot do anything about the problems if the Dr can't first figure out what is wrong)....anyway, I know that probably doesn't help much - it sucks to have so many things wrong, but I am not sure what else to say

did the Dr put you on antibiotics to treat it?
  3. street129

street129 New Member

she was going to put me on 6 months of antibiotics, she didn't, she wanted to talk to another dr. first about my rapid weight lost.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/23/2009]
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

From the Mayo Clinic website:

Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC). This infection is caused by a group of mycobacteria referred to by a single name — MAC. The mycobacteria normally cause an infection of the respiratory tract. But if you have advanced HIV infection and your CD4 lymphocyte count is less than 50, you're more likely to develop a systemic infection that can affect almost any internal organ, including your bone marrow, liver or spleen. MAC causes nonspecific symptoms such as fever, night sweats, weight loss, stomach pain and diarrhea.
  5. street129

street129 New Member

well i have weight lost daily WITHOUT trying, and i was 198 pounds, im now bout 120, not sure, i refuse to go on anybody scales. its depressing.

don't have aids, tests about a million times for that, over the summer was the last times tested for aids.

im having most of my food coming out with my stool when i go releave myself. my guts is in bad shape, i am going to do that test

A comprehensive digestive stool analysis test that Catseye talk about. i made a consultation for a phone talk for november 30th at 8:30pm. can't wait to pure my soul out to this dr. and get the ball rolling, i asked my dr. today about this same test,comprehensive digestive stool analysis test as usualy i get the dumb look, ''like what you talking bout willis''
    [This Message was Edited on 11/23/2009]
  6. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

will you be tested for XMRV? maybe that is at the crux of all your problems.

7. street129

street129 New Member

for some reason this test scaes me, i dont know why......
  8. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

it's better to know. that way, you could start some medicine, such as low dose AZT, right away.

this whole situation is horrible, i know....but we will learn to live with it if we begin feeling better. at least a vaccine will not take very long to create which might help with the negative stigma of having this infection.

9. madijen

madijen New Member

So sorry Street about the Mycobacterium Avium Complex. I have been dealing with that in my lungs for several years now along with the CFIDS/FM. I was on 3 antibiotics for 22months and then went off of them for over a year but CTscans showed that it was active again and I was put back on antibiotics for 12 months. I just recently went off of them. We know the mycobacterium will never really go away. It's like it goes to sleep and the wakes up. You can find information on it all over the internet. Just Google it. I would post my email address for you but not sure we can do that. Good luck