When Will This Flare Subside?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nina_and_me, May 27, 2008.

1. nina_and_me

nina_and_me New Member

I've been hurting for eight weeks. It's more than the average fibro pain - it's a bad flare. I will see my doc again on 6/23, but I can't see any relief in sight. My neck hurts, especially, and there's pain in my back that I've never had before.

I just want some relief. I've tried hot baths, heating pads, ice, and meds, but I feel stuck in this pain. Is there anything anyone can recommend?

2. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I have been in one since I took a trip home last Sept.

I have something called muscle-soothe that helps my muscles. I don't think you can get it anyplace but locally since a lady near us makes it.

Sorry you are feeling this way.
  3. phototaker

phototaker New Member

I don't post very much- but I read the posts here a lot and it seems what "helps" each person varies SO much it's like a crap shoot if you try what helps someone else. But after 14 years of having severe FM I found a PT that practices PRRT. "Primal Reflex Release Technique"

It isn't talked about on here much and when it was it was not explained correctly. I went to a practioner a few times a couple of months ago. I could def tell a difference in MANY things.

AND.. they DO take Insurance, Medicare, etc.. They are NOT chiropractors. No popping, cracking, etc..

You can go to one of many sites like - prrt.com then go to "practioner locator. Put in your zip code and hopefully you will have one near by.

It's a "growing trend" so keep checking back if not in your area. My PT has people who drive over 100 miles to see him.

It's not a "long term procedure" you can tell after one or two times if it will help you. They re-train the pain pattern. It has lessoned my pain from a 10+ to at least half. I plan to go back after giving it sometime to work and see if it would last. And it has.

Like everything else- it may not work for everyone.
    I wish you well. And hope you find some relief soon. Not much of a way to live I know. But you must believe .. things will get better.

And-- if this doesn't work.. try something else. But I'm hoping it will.

Blessings to you Nina~

ps} the treatments are NOT painful. You can see a treatment on You -tube I believe. I admit it looks a little strange. But it has helped me. I was willing to try anything and I can't take "supplements". Best of luck.
  4. nina_and_me

nina_and_me New Member

Thank you so much for your reply. It was beautiful and thoughtful.

I will go to the link and see what I can find out about PRRT. I've tried a lot of things - hypnosis, PT, etc. I live in the sticks right now, but when I move back "home" in a few weeks, I'll be in a major metropolitan area.

Thank you.

Please take care.
  5. phototaker

phototaker New Member

and I really hope it helps you.

When you have time, google it and read the sites about it. It's very interesting, and has helped me more than anything else. (so far)

Good luck- and good health!