When You Aren't in a Flare, How Do You Feel??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kimfibro, Dec 4, 2005.

1. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

i find that the day after a flare up, the exhaustion kicks in. but what about the days in between?

sometimes i feel okay and sometimes the other symptoms take center stage. for me, the weather plays a factor in some of this big time. in the fall, i am a different person! i get out and walk, feel energized, and the flares seem to subside.

now winter is here and i need to be very careful to stay very warmly dressed outside, from head to toe. if i don't take extra care, it gets the best of me with flares, extreme aches and pains.

the days in between, well, i feel all right but "not quite right". ya know? like my body is just achy all over, or i have a slight headache or once in a blue moon a migraine. it becomes difficult to get up, move around, etc without groaning or grimacing because SOMETHING is painful for me.

what happens with you? do you have absolute painfree days? do you have really GOOD days??
  2. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

I'm never completely pain free, but I do have days when I feel relatively ok -- good even, sometimes.

I'm pretty good at over-riding low levels of pain to the point where I hardly notice I'm hurting....
  3. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

Like minimonkey, on the "good days" I still have low levels pain somewhere!
  4. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

... and was trying to figure it out, but you hit it exactly for me.

The in between days are "not quite right". I of course can get through the day, but like you said... different things seem to pop up.
    Tigger
  5. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

I always have pain in the neck and upper back areas even on non flare days it's the intensity of the pain that makes the difference. On good days I have energy and I think I can do alot too, but I know if I do I will be hurting for 5 days, so I am very careful. I allow myself 2 hours maximum, even if I think I can do more.
    If the weather changes, yes I feel it terribly. And winter is the worst time for me because of the cold- it seems like I'm always in a flare, in fact I wondered what a flare was when I first came to this board. I was always in a flare, I thought. I try to stay warm, and I don't live where it snows much, but it is very damp here. I long for spring when the sun comes out and the warmth is back.
    I've been decorating the Christmas tree today, and my back has unbearable sharp stabbing pain and my feet hurt. I am glad I'm taking Cymbalta now, because it helps so much.
    I think sometimes in the morning, after I have slept well, and taken a shower, I can sit down or be in my car and I feel good- no pain. Lasts maybe an hour or so or until I move (grin).
  6. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

thank you for posting this as I was wondering also
    Linda
    [This Message was Edited on 12/04/2005]
  7. windymountain

windymountain New Member

I used to have those. Now it's a matter of when I wake up is my arm going to be numb, both arms, or will my wrists be stiff, and when I get out of bed after the 20 minutes to half hour it takes just to get up the will, will my husband recognize me? Most mornings I look like I tossed and turned all night long (which, duh, of course I did) and all I can say is, "Coffee." The coffee doesn't do a thing for me, naturally. Some days I have less pain and feel sort of normal for an hour or two, in the afternoon. Those are the good days. When I can smile at my coworkers. But after a few hours of that, my jaw joint muscles hurt and I get headaches. So, what's a person to do? Stop smiling? Pshaw...I must have my giggles. I put capsaicin cream on nightly now, drink kava kava like it's goin' out of style, and take ibuprofen sometimes just to sleep. I'm afraid those pain-free days are a dream. But I'm hangin' in there.
  8. Empower

Empower New Member

You described how I feel TO A TEE!!!!!!

Glad to hear that I am not crazy!
  9. Musica

Musica New Member

but there is always at least a low level aching every day. Especially because my hands don't feel right and I'm always using my hands! I haven't had a day where I have been symptom free for the whole day. On the better days it is hard to remember how I felt on painful days, and easy to think "that's silly, there's really nothing much going on" - until the bad days come along!
  10. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

the exhaustion of the 'day after' is so real and happens every time.

wow, lots of you doing wonderful things that are working for you. even at times is a tremendous help.

as far as the 'spasing' geez, can i relate. it seems more accurate a description than 'flare' really. it gets to me so much sometimes that i need to get onto the floor and twist and turn and stretch and press on all of my muscles. sort of like an alligator wrestling and resisting its captor!! ugh. what a metaphor.

any way, it's so interesting to read so much from so many of you. we are a wonderful, supportive group.
  11. dononagin

dononagin New Member

maybe still some pain, still tired but functional and more alert.. I haven't had a great day since I got this but some days are better then others..
  12. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

I'm so glad to know others feel not quite right and still have some pain biting at them .. when I'm not in terrible pain .. I still have background pain .. I'm so tired most of the time I think I'll never feel right ever again .. I have dull pain in my thyroid .. goiter is mostly inside thankfully .. the tinnitus is annoying ..
    I just can't seem to have a day the way I used to be and that is scary .. I guess I have to accept it .. what other choices do we have ?
    BUT ... I am grateful to hear other people feel this way on their "good?" days as well !
    Fudge : )
  13. severina

severina New Member

I never have a totally painfree day, always something somewhere aches - Like a lot of us here, I think I have developed a way of over-riding low pain levels to a point where I can get on with things, coz I have to! I have a son who is almost 3 - he is the only reason I dont stay in bed, otherwise I know that I would.
    I dont have really good days either - forgotten what those are.
  14. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

I HAVE PAIN AND STIFFNESS EVERYDAY AND I HAVE THE HEEBEE JEEBIES DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

IVE BEEN IN PAIN SO LONG I DONT REMEMBER WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO FEEL GOOD. SOMWTIMWS I WONDER DOES EVERYONE FEEL LIKE THIS.
    IM 57 MY DH IS 58 I ASKED HIM HOW OLD HE FELT. HE SAID ABOUT 40 I FEEL 80 SO THAT EVENS US OUT.

IM FEELING PRETTY GOOD TODAY LOVE GAIL
  15. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

hello there!
    what do you mean by the "heebie jeebies"?? i'm SURE i've got them too...........but what is your definition?????

lately i've been blessed with feeling fairly good! and here i am in new england where it's turned pretty darned cold. i cross my fingers and toes every day that it continues.

does anyone out there have their TOES extremely sensitive to cold?? it can become awful.