when you don't get better

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Adl123, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hello All,
    I've been reading wonderful posts written by people who have relly improved.I'm so happy for them! They brought to mind what happened yesterday.

The sprnkler repair man came to fix my sprinklers. He had not been here for over a year. Workmen around here are very friendly, and we chatted as I led him around to the control box, automatically reachng for my cane.

Towards the end of his visit, he asked me what had happened, and said that the last time he was here I "wasn't like that".

That was when I realized the change that has taken place in me. I'm much weaker than I was before. Of course, there are many things wrong with me, besides CFIDS/Fibro. Still, all in all, I seem to be slowly getting weaker and weaker - sicker and sicker.

I am now putting my hope in acupuncture, which has really helped my Fibro. I hope I can gain some strength, too, becaue, in spite of my girth, I feel like I'm slowly disappearing.

Thanks for listening. I just had to talk a little.

Graterully,
    Terry
    [This Message was Edited on 08/23/2006]
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I didn't think I'd ever get better since this horrendous flare started 2 years ago, but I did...even just a little bit.

Today I'm exhausted, had to leave a store early, cut my errands by half...but it's better than I was.

I've pre-ordered my cane in case I get worse again with the weather change, last year was so rough I can't even describe it.

I don't even feel like I can call this a remission yet since I'm on the daily edge of being right back where I was and it's so easy to over-do.

Hopefully we can both find a "new normal" in our lives. But for now, I wouldn't even think of doing without my new vitamins and supplemens that I take daily.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  3. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

I know the feeling. I have gotten to the point that I'm afraid to go to any different doctor cause they always find something wrong. What started out as just Fibro has turned into bursitis, herniated lower back disk and arthritis. Oh and lets not forget the thickening of my sinuses which was causeing me so many headachs. At least that was cleared up with just some anti-biotics. Everyday I look in the mirror and think what happened to that person that I was two years ago. I had to even resort to asking my rhuemy for a handicaped sticker cause I just couldn't walk very far. I was thinking a temporary sticker and then I found out that it was a perminate sticker. All I could keep thinking was this was my life now. My theripist told me I had to keep the faith that the doctors would find a drug combination that would eventually. So my final words to you are to keep the faith.

Maybe we have changed over time but if you think about it there is always something you can do about this DD. Me I have decided that no matter what the pills say I am not going to gain anymore weight in fact I'm going to loose weight. Maybe without the extra weight the fibro won't hurt as much cause there isn't exta weight weighing me down. Who knows, certianaly not me but I figure it's worth a shot. Hope things improved for you and good luck.......Sue
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

- for your responses.
    Sue,
    I, too, have been trying to lose weight. I eat 5 small snacks a day (on a saucer) and watch my carbs. However, I'm pretty stationary, and can barely walk 60 feet. That's my problem - I'm too weak to exercise. I'm going to try my old Richard Simmons tape, again. Let's see if I can "Swing to the Oldies". :)

Here's wishing all of us luck. How fortunate we are to have eachother! For that I'm really grateful.

Big hugs, and wishes that all of you continue to improve, and me, too.

Terry
    [This Message was Edited on 08/23/2006]
  5. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Terry I think trying richard simmons could be really bad. That is a very high impacat arobics and could do more harm then good. Check and see if you can find a place that offers water therapy. Not water arobics but water therapy. I use to do that but had to stop because it wasn't helping. Now that I know I have a herniated lower back disk and bursitis plus the fibro I'm going to go back. When I first was started it felt really good to go. Check at your hospitals and then all you would need is a script from your doctor. Doesn't cost a penny either. At least not for me but that is cause I'm on govenerment medical. Good luck with finding something like that......Sue
  6. gracepartaker

gracepartaker New Member

I was so tired this morning. How can I be tired after 12 hours of sleep? Oh well. Then I read this post and it cheared me up . There is something about knowing that you guys are out there and that you really understand that helps. So thank you so much for posting.

Blessings, Sally
  7. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

for your responses.

I can't take water theray beause I'm allergic to chlorine. I tried it once, and for evey hour I spent in the pool (mostly hanging), I spent three days in excruciating pain, in bed. So I gave that one up.

I am trying acupuncture, and I hope I will regain my energy and balance. My acupuncturist is excellent and has already helped with my Fibro pain.

There is always hope.

Bless you all,
    Terry

8. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Terry, we're close to the same age so I was especially interested in how you're doing. What an interesting life you've had!

"Slowly disappearing".... yes, I know that feeling. Not only with CFS but with age.

I recently had cataract surgery and one eye hasn't done well. I find myself fumbling around to find one of the two (inadequate) pair of glasses on loan from the eye doctor, trying to remember which pair I have on!, squinting to see, frustrated when I can't.... While I felt young in spite of my illness before the surgery, I now feel old. How I empathize with people who have macular degeneration or lose their sight in other ways!

It seems that because we're "of a certain age" it shouldn't matter. It does.

My best to you and your wonderful dog,
    Marta