When you say you are really sick what do you mean?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maps1, Mar 8, 2009.

1. maps1

maps1 Member

CFS for 8 years and this probably seems like a dumb question.

I know we all have fatigue which for me makes me feel stressed but I am wondering if anyone else has symptoms below and have you been able to tie it into digestive problems.

I am just in the process of doing a very expensive Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis as my symptoms seem to be tied in with my gut.

Over the years I have ruled out food intolerance, allergies, nothing seems to be tied together except for the fact that every few days I will get this poisened feeling which affects every part of my body. It will start slowly but by 4pm I am climbing the walls, that night I will not sleep and the effects of this last for two or three days. My whole body feels so sick. I feel if I can find the answer to this my life will be 50% better.

These are the symptoms:

Feeling like you have been poisened
    Headaches, chills, sweats that can change in a second.
    Pain, almost like nerve pain that even affects your teeth
    Nausea, bloating and puffiness
    Backache, sore gut

I am looking for clues and am really interested in how others would describe there "really sick" feelings.

thanks and regards
  2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Add on severe stiffness all over, sound and light sensitivity, heat and cold intolerance. The list goes on.

Do a search on Microwave Oven Radiation Poisoning and Syndrome. You will be amazed at what you will find.
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I am not a doctor, but it sounds like IBS. Have you been checked for that?

4. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

sleeping 18 hrs a day. weak, no energy, cant take care of myself. that was me when cfs was at its worst.
  5. deadtired

deadtired Member

When I have similar symptoms that you mention, I always think its something viral that is affecting me all over......somehow can't get rid of some viral or bacterial infection.
  6. maps1

maps1 Member

I know we all have many of the same symptoms but some are more prominant for people at certain times.

I used to be able to sleep all the time now I find it impossible to sleep through the night even with immovain.

I have felt that it may be something viral that flares up.

7. greatgran

greatgran Member

I honestly can't describe how I feel as I change from one day to one minute. Mainly weird head feelings, aches to the bone, fatigue, like I am dying, weakness, scared, anxious, depressed, and angry because I feel so darn bad but really can't verbally describe how I feel.

God Bless,
  8. confetti11

confetti11 New Member

Maps, When I read your description of feeling poisoned...I had to respond. I used to use this word to describe how I felt. I've been dealing with this for 9 years as well and it's been a long journey to figure out what different things have been causing it. I wanted to share with you what has helped me get better in case it can benefit you as well.

My main symptoms were nausea and a lack of well-being that kept me from practically leaving the house for long periods of time. I also had, and still have to a degree, a lack of stamina and fatigue. But the nausea and other feelings you described were definitely prominent and life-altering for me.

Approaching this 3-fold has helped me get back to 75-80%, which I'm able to maintain so far if I stay on top of it all the time.

The 3-fold approach has been digestive (which you mentioned,) detoxifiation and adrenal in nature. I feel all three may be impaired with me...either by nature or nurture.

The first thing I would suggest, and it looks like you're already having a stool test done but if it's not like this one, I'd do an additional one...is get the GI test done by Metametrix. I had typical comprehensive stool tests done that did not show what this test did by Metametrix. (You can find them at the same name . com.) This test looks for the DNA of bacteria, rather than by culture and finds many more bacteria that are missed by typical testing. I can't stress enough how important this test has been for me and probably has literally saved my life. I get retested every 3-6 months now (about $400 a pop) just to stay on top of it. It almost always finds something I need to address. I think my digestive system may always be messed up for various reasons...my body just can't seem to maintain a healthy balance of bacteria on its own.

Secondly, I'm a big believer in that probably most of our detoxification systems are impaired...those of us who are sick like this. I'm convinced mine is. I've had a gene test done which reflects this as well. So, I emphasize hard a regimen to help my body detox on its own...supps, addressing methylation, taking epsom salt baths daily, etc.

Thirdly, I help support my adrenals which I feel may be the part that may have been fine on their own if not for the above two issues. But they aren't (again reflected in testing) and so I've been on 20-25mg of hydrocortisone for about 2 years. I also take Florinef which helps and do many other things to help support the adrenals.

I also eat a very strict organic diet. Hardly ever cheat. And have been under the care of one of the top docs (Guyer) for almost the entire 9 years.

Anyway, I wanted to share this with you because as I said, when you mentioned feeling poisoned, this hit home for me big time. This is what helped me...I hope you can find some relief as well.