Where are SW, Ouch, Greenbean and Fight

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Jun 1, 2007.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Did the pengy's kidnap you all? Were are you all? Concerned Carla
  2. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Thanks for missing me! I've been bouncing back and forth between here and the Fibro board and in between actually getting some work done! Been reading a lot of posts but not much time to play.

Someday, maybe if I ever get to retire, I will get a computer at home and then you won't be able to get rid of me!

Hope all is wonderful with you!

Smile on purpose!
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

I was worried about you gurls. Thought the pengy's highjacked ya.

I made some butterflys last week, then this week I made cushions for my wrought iron couch, still have to do the chairs. I found a $10 king size bedspread from Value City that matched my red roof perfectly.

I am not sure what I will do next. I needed a break, since my freind died I have been having a hard time with it. My daughter got married in Ireland yesterday and I could not go. So double wammy.

I take percocets 4 a day and zanaflex as a muscle relaxer. I do streatching as well. I have to make myself get up and moved when working on something. It is like an addiction and you can't stop even when it hurts. I am sorry you have to give up your spinning. I am not sure how one works, do you have to use your feet to peddle or is it just the position you have to use to do it?

I actually have more mid and upper back pain. I am missing a disc about where the bra goes across your back. It is really hard working on the glass. I have almost quit several times recently. But when I finsh something it is very rewarding, no pain no gain. I just spend a hour or two in the whirlpool.

Bean I hope you can retire soon, but do you have to wait until then to get one at home? How is Rey doing? BTW my smaller glass items are quite reasonable $20- and up so if you ever decide you want something think about it.

Fight I know you have been having problems and sometimes we just can't take one more thing, then bam one more thing happens, again and again. I have learned to use them as lessons in strengh and patience. God does not give us more than we can handle and it is his way of helping us grow into the next stage of life. I remember you saying you were working so hard to be someone but it doesn't work. You are already someone-YOU-Be yourself not what you think everyone thinks you should be. Often getting to know ourselves is the hardest thing. It took me many years and a lot of mistakes and it is still a work in progress. I know you will find your place in time.

Ouch I miss you hear, did I read that you have MS or something like that after your got your MRI read? Dr Phil did a show on MS yesterday, it was very positive. Let us know how you are.

I come around a lot more than I post. It is just nice to know you can come here and share and be understood. Take care-Carla

ps- I named the baby miniture horse Mona Lisa. She is grey and has blue eyes. My BF that died the same week the horse was born had to brightess blue eys, like marbles, her name was Mona so I thought is was aprapro. The girls and I visit her everyday.
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

That is unless the pangy's get there first.

Georgia- my freind and I went to HS and have remained freinds all these years. She was a nurse for 30 years and got Hep C at work. I knew she was sick but she din't tell anyone how bad it was. She told me her numbers had improved but was not allowed to drive because the chemo drugs were affecting her ability to drive. Now I know it was more. She didn't tell her 3 girls either, 24,22 and 14. The 2 older girls father died last year in a car wreck. The younger daughter's father died when she was 8 of a heart attack. They really have no one, it is so sad. Now the 22 yo has legal guadianship over the youngest one.

The hardest part for me was I was not told until 2 weeks after she died. The last time I spoke with her, she was moving out of her house to her exBf house. He had been helping her lately. So when I called her and got no answer I figured she would call when she could. After about a week, I went to her house and the door was open but no one home. Her daughters bedroom stuff was gone, so I figured she had moved. I left a note with my number for someone to call me. A week later the 22 yo called me told me she had died. She aplogized for not calling but they could not find my number. So I did not even get to attend her service. So I have no closure. She was such a giving person and never wanted to bother anyone or burden them so she suffered in silence.

I am glad to hear your not giving up your spinning. Have you tried different chairs or one of those egronomic stools? So are you making quilts to sell on ebay and such? You will have to post a pic. My mother made quilts by hand, then paid someone to do the machine part.

Fight you are welcome, hang in there girl, you will get threw all this.Carla

[This Message was Edited on 06/02/2007]
  5. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Hope you had a great weekend!

I don't have a 'puter at home because I just wouldn't have the time and energy to use it. I'm on this one all day at work and at home I want to spend my time on carving and right now I am cross stitching a Christmas tree skirt for my daughter.

Retirement won't be for at least another 5 years. That's when DH gets his SS and we will be able to afford health insurance through his union instead of me having to work so we have it.

Rey is wonderful! My very favorite stress reducer!

I'll think about your glass, just two wonderful!

Stop and smell the puppies!
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

Hey Bean, I hate to hear you still have 5 more years and the whole ins thing is outrageous. I understand about your "home work" I tried cross stitch but it requires counting, so that is out for me,lol. I kept getting lost and lose track.

My glass is different in that I use patterns but also design on the fly and hand grind each peice to fit. Rosie emailed me and she is buying a butterfly that will be sent to Ireland.

SW where are you? Buried under tons of batting and fabric? Do you do it all from cutting and putting all the squares to the machine quilting? I don't know how you can sit at a sewing machine so long. I made new cushions and covers for my wrought iron furniture last week and over the weekend. My siatica is a real pain in the arse. Today I tried to finish painting and touching up my red windows and doors then a huge storm blew in and ran me in the house.

Fight I can't see the big fish??? I see a tiger. I use to fish a lot in VA, we had a small boat and would go out at dusk, stay all night, fish till mid day and go home. My ex and I use to watch all the fishing shows and have seen some big muskies but not in VA or KY.

How are the 2 non-smokers doing? See ya later-Carla