where are the results of the valcyte study?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by porchswinger, Jun 24, 2008.

1. porchswinger

porchswinger New Member

Hi,

It's been a while since I've signed on. I started Valcyte on Jan 1, 2008. I'm not really sure how long I should stay on the drug. I felt great for a while in early May, but am down again-- very tired, headachy, muscles hurt. I'm not sure if it's the Valcyte or the CFS that's making me sick.

Meanwhile, I've been anxiously awaiting June 23 when Montoya was supposed to speak at the International Symposium on Viruses. He was supposed to talk about the results of the valcyte study. I can't find anything on line about this. Can anyone tell me what's going on?

Hope everyone is feeling well (enough) today.

Take care,

Porchswinger
  2. clo1

clo1 New Member

hi porchswinger, i'm a participant in the stanford clinical trial and as far as i know, they are not close to publishing the results yet...they still have some data to collect; meaning that the actual trial is not over yet - i am going down for my last set of data collection on thursday (bloodwork, cognitive testing, questionnaires, physical exam etc.); i believe the last group will follow in another week...and apparently there are still blood specimens from all of us that are being studied in labs all over the world...the good news is that when trials are unsuccessful the results are usually announced relatively quickly; if they are successful it can apparently take a long time to publish the results...

anecdotally i have heard that the trial to date has been "a success" but as far as the details and any new findings, it's still an unknown...sorry to be so vague but that's as much as any of us really know at this point; if i find anything out on thursday that can be shared, i will post sometime after my visit...best regards, clo
  3. sascha

sascha Member

right now on this website. look for consuegra's posts: one is "CFS Viral conference Baltimore June 23"

and one is, "Montoya in Baltimore Sunday June 23"

these posts are from notes taken during the conference on Monoya's results. just a few minutes ago they were both on the first page of this website.

they are not formally presented using statistics and all that; but there is good information on what happened during the conference.

sascha