Where can I find a good diet while living with FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by beckersmith, Mar 24, 2003.

1. beckersmith

beckersmith New Member

I have heard that there is a certain way i should eat since I have FM, but i can not seem to find what way that is. Does anyone know where to find the right way to eat while suffering from FM. I want to change my eating habits.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Welcome to our board. We discuss diet often as it's so critical to our well-being and healing.

There has been sooooo much posted that I think you might want to do a search here and bring up all the posts dealing with diet.

Most of us do well on a low-carb/hi-protein diet, one for people with hypoglycemia or insulin resistance. If you give up anything made with white flour, white rice, white potatoes, and any sugar or artificial sweeteners, especially NeutraSweet (Aspertame), you will be way ahead of the game.

Limit alcohol to one drink per day (none if it doesn't agree with you or if you have a yeast fungal problem), eliminate nicotine and caffeine.

Drink tons of water, much more than you think you need. I carry a water bottle around with me all day.

Love, Mikie