Where can I find Tryptophan...Please.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hinemoa, Jul 3, 2003.

1. Hinemoa

Hinemoa New Member

I have had CFS for over twenty years and I found tryptophan to be helpful. Since it was discontinued in this country I haven't found anything that eases muscle pain and helps with restful sleep...except some prescription meds that are hard for me to tolerate. I do take Motrin.

I tried 5HTP but it wasn't as helpful. Is there another source for tryptophan that I missed.

It is good to find others who know what this 'chronic crud' feels like... Thanks.
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

My doctor calls it into a Medicine Shoppe in Arlington TX. , even tho we live in Georgia, 'cause that was the first place he heard about when it first became available again.

My guess is that if you did a search on google, you'd probably find other pharmacies that have it as well by now

I use it sparingly, as it seems to otherwise have a hangover effect -- usually one 500mg cap a couple of days a week if I feel particularly awake at night. I also use a low dose of Klonipin (one-half of .5 mg. pill) and or 1--2 mg of melatonin.

Victoria
  3. Hinemoa

Hinemoa New Member

I'll certainly check this out.

The Pharmacy I usually use is Walmart, they are very helpful and have often searched around to get me hard to find things.