where can I get legitimate help with my pain medications

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by doxygirl, Mar 24, 2008.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Hi there:)...

I just wanted to stop in and say "thank you to you also" for posting the info you did......everyone has been so supportive and it really means a lot to me........

I can see that you went out of your way to post some good info just like PV did and ( everyone else) and do not want you to ever think that I do not notice your thoughtfulness!

So, thank you,... very, very much my dear friend!

Doxy
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Another website you should check is

http://www.hmohelp.ca.gov/default.aspx

and call (1-888-HMO-2219) It is the emergency phone at the State of CA to help with a HMO problem - however they say to use their grievance procedure first.

I guess that means the form you will complete.

Have you tried to contact the health plan administrator for your husband's employer? I was wondering if they would be of help - probably not. At this point, based on what they are doing with you, it seems making a complaint is the best.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/25/2008]
  3. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

As long as you have known me Iam sure that "you" would believe this........but you are right ....I went through basically a "torture chamber experience" with my husbands union which are the ones who basically purchase these coverages for us.....

They had me going through a three ring circus type challenge this went on literally for over 6 months ( and it was all to just get my migraine medicine) and all the while making fun of me behind my back.....I finally went over their heads to the "President of the union" and he had my problem straightened out within literally FIVE minutes and those girls that were messing with me got in so much trouble...and then they were mad at "ME"!

But here is the thing...I don't know if you read my post about how they just screwed us over with our OPEN ENROLLMENT application for this year or not....( if you already read it just ignore the rest of this :).

...... every year we have the choice to change ins plans ...we can take kaiser, cigna, or a ppo...well a couple of years ago we sent our cards in to change from a HMO to a ppo and they did not change it!!!!

...we called them and they said that they had "misaddressed" the return envelopes and we're sorry but it was too late to change ....IT WAS DONE ON PURPOSE BUT AT THE TIME I DID NOT KNOW THAT...as I would laer figure out when this year once again............

it happened again!!!!!!

I sent in the "yearly enrollment change card" and checked off to change from cigna hmo to a ppo.... because I was going to have "ALL" my dental work done at Loma Linda school of dentistry and they will not take an HMO but will take a PPO....and my ppo coverage would have been enough for all of the work since the charges are so minimal!

So....I had waited patiently but excitedly ALL year long to be able to go get this dental work done once our HMO was changed....well guess what ?

They did it again.....I never got our new PPO books so I finally called asking them when we were going to get them and they told me "they had trouble getting the cards back this year" SOUND FAMILIAR???????

Well I was so upset and I said I want to talk to the person in charge because this is not ok.... the girl then told me "ok...but it's too late open enrollment is over"! and she said it in a demeanor that almost sounded as if she had pleasure in her voice that I was upset and was not going to get my ppo like I so badly wanted!

HELLO it is not my fault they had trouble getting the cards back ...how is that my problem?....and why am I being screwed over because of "their" mistake?

So...I tell my husband " I think this is done on purpose...they have to be getting some kind of kick back like if they can keep so many people on HMO instead of PPO"...that is the only sense I can make of this....

I was crying my head off uncontrollably because here I thought I was going to get all of my dental work done ( which by the way I have now three teeth missing which is terribly embarassing) ....so my husband talks to a few of the guys at work and guess what else?

It happened to SEVERAL of them as well.....and all were told they had trouble getting the cards back!

NOW HERE IS THE REAL KICKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My youngest son has the same union and he did not send in his card...all of his mail comes to my house still,... even though he does not live here anymore

...a letter comes for him from the union.....and it says " that you have not yet requested a medical and dental plan so you must do so and when you do it will not be effective until the following month"!!!!!!!!!!!!

So...if your still with me here ......basically they just caught themselves in a big fat lie....they told my son he could still choose!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but they told us it was too late...

I tried writing a letter to them( as the head guy said he would see what he could do......and when my husband did the follow up call not only did he deny the fact that I had faxed it to him...( and I had the transmission report to prove that I did fax it to him!!!!!!!!!!)but still it did no good ....he basically just said it was too late

Why did he even ask me to write a letter is what I want to know...it took me a while to sit down and write it all out and then to go to the staples and fax it and all....( I guess it was just more circus training for me,.... LOL but really soooooooooo not funny!

My husbands coworkers said that this year when open enrollment comes up they are going to drive up to the union personally and hand deliver their cards!

I am going to drive up and hand deliver my card with an additional copy of it sent registered mail....let't see them get out of that one?

So....now I have no choice but to wait another entire year to get my dental work done ...and now to add to that I have to fight to get my medicine!

Arghhhhhh can you tell Iam frustrated?

Sorry for going on so long...... I just wanted really to say that you are right the union is not going to do anything to help us it is all a big conspiracy from what I can see and have been through!

Thank you again for all of your help..."oh and I thought that you had a fax machine ..so please do not fax that paper if you do not have one .....I do not want you having to go out to fax anything ok?...you have done enough to help me and I appreciate it so very much!

Hugs
    Doxy
    [This Message was Edited on 03/26/2008]
  4. Highlights

Highlights New Member

Toga,

I'm totally with YOU on these insurance companies. BCBS is the pitts.

You mentioned that you no longer take any medications other than some OTC.

Would you mind sharing how you're doing without any medications? Are you free of pain? How did this come about? Only if you feel like sharing. I don't mean to pry. I was just interested and inspired.

When I read your post and you said you no longer took any prescriptions, I was thinking.....gee, how did she do that?

Nancy
  5. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I do have a fax but was not able to get it to go through with the number you gave. I really believe you will see action as soon as you file that complaint.

These stupid people would rather screw people around and wind up being sued.
  6. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I double checked on that fax number and it does show it is right?????

I took it off of their business card I had and then double checked on the computer....so maybe it is just printed on everything wrong?

anyhow...I am going to find the fax number to the other staples that is the same distance as the one I gave you.....so if you still can fax it I will come back here and post that number....in just a few minutes :)

Thanks again
    Doxy
  7. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I double checked on that fax number and it does show it is right?????

I took it off of their business card I had and then double checked on the computer....so maybe it is just printed on everything wrong?

anyhow...I am going to find the fax number to the other staples that is the same distance as the one I gave you.....so if you still can fax it I will come back here and post that number....in just a few minutes :)

"Ok I got it : it is 760-955-2291

Thanks again
    Doxy

PS let me know as soon as you see this so I can edit it ok:)

thank you so much!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/26/2008]
  8. Ginner

Ginner New Member

keeping to print and read..good inof
    thx
    gin
  9. riccybehal

riccybehal Member

I want to check the legitimacy of the drugs ordered. Is there a specified way in which i can understand the legitimacy of the products. Friends, if any one of you have purchased medicines from PremiumRxDrugs.com, kindly give your suggestion. This would be of great help as i need to place an order but i have little doubts about the authenticity of the products. Kindly help me!