Where can you get "cheap" cards? like birthday ect

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rene, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

My favorite place for cheap cards Wishing Well went out of business. Where do they have inexpensive cards that don't look cheap?
    REne
  2. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

i love getting these cards...you get a variety of cards that are/look handmade with different textures and materials on the front...very nice...good variety of occasions....prices are great...like 50 cards for $17-$25...

cvc just had these on special yesterday? just do a search on the website...they usually come in a nice sturdy decorative box...i have bought these 3 different times and was happy with them each time...
    odd that you asked just as they had them as the value of the day! i hope this helps you!
    one more thing...each card is indivually wrapped on palstic to keep them looking nice until you use it...so nice!
    [<i>This Message was Edited on 04/07/2006</i>]
  3. springshower

springshower New Member

Rene......I get very nice cards at Dollar General stores,they don't look cheap.......Springshower
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

If you have Family Dollar or Dollar General stores where you live, they have all type of cards 2 for $1.

Dollar General has a better selection than Family Dollar -- at least in our area.

Janet
  5. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Nice of you to be thinking of cards.

Dollar stores are good.

Even cheaper, you can get cards for 35 cents each, or less to buy a pack or them, at Value Villiage here in Canada. Next time you're there or at another thrift store, good to see what they have. It's iffy though if you need something in particular, because it depends what people bring in.
    (((thoughtful Rene)))
  6. jake123

jake123 New Member

captured her - The scrapbooking cult - Of course we have had all the materials for years, just didn't call it scrapbooking.
    Just got a new house/new address card from her and it was done very nicely.
    Thinking of what to do with that room and have decided to use it as a hostel kind of hotel for family and friends
  7. LdyM

LdyM New Member

at the 99Cent Only Stores. No one knows the difference and that way I never have to think of the cost and can send them to everyone!

**LdyM
  8. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

I make my own-handmade with rubber stamps and at one used to sell them, but will slowly get back into that when my fibro and CFS get better.

But a cheap way would be those Dollar stores, 99 cents stores, I have bought a few of their cards and altered them to fit what I make.

Many hugs,
    Nicole
    [This Message was Edited on 04/08/2006]
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

And thrift shops are often better.

I'm so old I remember when a greeting card cost a dime. 3 cents to mail it. Shortly after I got out of college "contemporary" cards came on the market. They were sized to fit a business envelope, and were the first humorous cards. Big jump in price: 25 cents.

Over the years I bought l00s of post cards at thrift shops and often sent them instead of greeting cards. Some of the cards were "historic". Showed scenes from years ago, buildings that no longer existed, etc.

I sent my aunt a postcard I found in California of a restaurant in Chicago. She was thrilled. Turned out it was a restaurant she and my grandmother used to visit thirty years earlier. My grandmother was officially a non-drinker, but on these occasions she would have a martini and feel terribly sophisticated.
  10. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

thr QVC card run about 50 cents per card...depending on which box you buy....you get an assortment of different occasions and they look very expensive,,,,the ones i got had a decorative box with dividers like a file so you can organize them by month or occasion....i did a search on the qvc website and i just typed in greeting cards..the boxed sets came right up....they are just so nice for the cheap price!
  11. chickabee

chickabee New Member

I get all my cards at a Dollar Tree store. They have some really nice ones. Very nice verses inside too. chickabee
  12. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Most E-cards cost you nothing and some of them are so good. There are lots of sites but Hallmark is a good one.

Kathy.
  13. G.I.Jane

G.I.Jane New Member

Hi! I get cards from dollar stores, too - they're usually pretty good. If you have a BJ's Wholesale Club they sell cards and wrapping material at 50% off the list price - that's where I go the most. There's a big selection and the cards are really nice. Take care - Jane:)
  14. libra55

libra55 New Member

Primarily get mine at Dollar Store, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, or Ocean State Job Lot (which is in RI and Mass only I think). Also the bulk packages of holiday cards is usually a good deal.

I love to send cards. It is getting expensive though.

Michelle
    [This Message was Edited on 04/08/2006]
  15. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

I've found nice cards at the Dollar Store, 2 for $1. They also sell packets of cards for $1.

I've had good luck at Value Village, 49 cents per card. They often have cast-offs from Hallmarks, Current, and other brands.

Happy shopping.
  16. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

3 for a dollar-I like them better than other stores.There are dollar trees in Ca and in Tn.Linda
  17. CarolK

CarolK New Member

GO TO YOUR LOCAL CRAFT SHOP... AND WITH JUST A FEW STAMPS AND INK PADS YOU CAN CREATE YOUR OWN CARDS!

MAKES A GREAT CRAFT HOBBY AND IT IS FUN AND VERY EASY TO DO.

OF COURSE YOU CAN ADD TO YOUR STAMP COLLECTION ONE AT A TIME... AND OVER A PERIOD OF TIME YOU CAN HAVE A VERY NICE COLLECTION OF STAMPS AND DIFFERENT COLORED INK PADS.

EVEN CHEAPER YET IS TO BUY AN ASSORTMENT OF FELT TIP COLORED MAKERS... THEN YOU CAN INDIVIDUALLY COLOR YOUR STAMPS AND GET LOTS AND LOTS OF VARIETY OUT OF THEM. THERE ARE LOTS OF BOOKS AND MAGAZINES OUT THERE TO GIVE YOU INSPIRATIONAL IDEAS TOO!!

ADD YOUR PERSONAL TOUCHES AND PEOPLE JUST LOVE THE HAND CRAFTED CARDS! YOU CAN USE CHEAP OR EXPENSIVE PAPERS TO STAMP ON.. I'VE DONE THIS FOR YEARS AND PEOPLE JUST LOVE THE FEELING OF THE PERSONAL TOUCH AND INDIVIDUAL ATTENTION I GIVE THEM!

A GREAT HOBBY!!! BLESSINGS... CAROLK
  18. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

The dollar scratch offs. Rubber stamp a plain card and attach them . Thanks so much for a very bright idea, I am definately stealing both those and putting the two together-the rubber stamp and the lottery together.

Neato. We use Big Lots a lot too.

Love Anne C
  19. Rene

Rene New Member

Wow didn't think i'd get that mch of a responce! Thanks. I only have two people in my life that i'd ever need a card for as I don't have hardly any family.

Dollar Tree it is! If you have a family that qvc sounds good!

THanks again!
  20. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

They have remarkably good cards for the money.....and I'm picky!Linda