Where did everybody go???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Dec 11, 2006.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I know this board has been moving sloooooowly lately, but it seems like it's not even moving.

Is everyone still reading and checking in? I miss the constant back and forth 'conversations' we used to have.

Nancy B
  2. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

not to mention it colder, and that makes some of us, ache worse than usual.
    Also with the Christmas festivies, it usually is slower this time of the year.

It'll pick up again, I know it's slower on the other boards I belong to, also.

Hope your Christmas, Holiday will be a Merry one, and as Pain Free as possible.
  3. larryh

larryh New Member

I have been wondering the same thing and all I can think of is that at least some of the people must have gotten a life during the holidays.

4. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Must be the busy season. I thought it was because the boards separated to chitchat, but I realize this is the busiest time of year. It does seem to move quite slowly. I have not been posting as much because my kids have so much going on in school with the holidays and there are Christmas parties, and today I have to get some of my shopping done. Tiring! But I do love Christmas time, it makes me happy! Hope you are feeling well today! Kim :)
  5. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I'm having to do more outside of the house, kid concerts, and x-mas plays for church, and practices, and X-mas shopping trips.

Then when i come home i crash!! Also took up a new hobby and find it addicting, Knitting!!

I still have X-mas cards to do. Groan!
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

It's nice to know you all are still out there!!!!

I miss everyone and hope all is going well, although I do understand the stresses, extra activities and the weather affecting us too.

I was thinking it was mostly because they split the boards recently....

Happy Holiday Hugs,

Nancy B
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I have had the same thoughts, but as I have been busy, I knew that others are in the same holiday mode....getting things done while we have the energy.

I have been browsing...just to see if all is well.

So, you take care and thanks for checking up on us.

8. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

I like some of the others with all these weather changes seem to be flaring a lot. Christmas and other things seem to have me busier also.

I will try to check in more, I miss everyone!

Take care and Kitten Hugs,
    Blessed Be,
  9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Guess I'm not feeling so hot either... and I'll either find out tomorrow or the next day if I have diabetes. Seems to fit all too well though.

The Chit Chat seems to take my mind off of things going on in my own life and I like to hear how everyone is doing.

Here's to hoping Santa forgets to deliver a new disease next year!

Happy Holiday Hugs,

Nancy B

And you knitters out there, I completely understand although I crochet.....love it!
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i am school and it is finals time. for h.s. and college students and i can't foregt the junior h.s kiddos.

11. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Guten Tag.

Here in Los Angeles I am just so busy. All those movie premiers, A-list parties, lunches at Musso and Franks, etc.

And then I have to feed the cats. You know how it is.

Hope you, and everydobby else, is able to enjoy the holiday season.

Auf wiedersehen
  12. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

I have so much going on I don't even seem to have time to read through too many posts....unless I want to stay up to a Godless hour. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
  13. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good luck on your finals! It must be a truly busy time of year for you.

Rock........I thought I saw an unidentified fine looking gentleman on the red carpet, they called him the Mystery Man!!!

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  14. mary124

mary124 New Member

I'm still around-- I'm usually here during my lunch hour than I'm gone for the rest of the day. but people are right, this is the busy time of year, after the first it will pick up.
  15. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I hope all your Holiday plans are progressing well. It
    has indeed been very "q--u--i---et" on the Board! Peeps
    must be distracted wiff preparations for Xmas etc. Jan.
    25th will be here before we know it! If I can get past
    Thanksgiving in a week or so, everything will be just

Ya know Nancy, if I still had some hair on the front of
    my head, I've have ya send me one of those cute ribbons
    like DIXIE is wearing. (Only, in the color blue)! Would
    not what my housemates to get the "wrong" idea about me.

Hope things with your Daughter are better! Keep us in-
    formed as to how things are.

Stay warm and keep Prickles out of trouble, "K"?
    JOE aka MRDAD
  16. sisland

sisland New Member

Hope you are doing well today! I decided to just keep christmas as simple as possible! Along with the fibor optic Tree(YEA!) No More Mess! I Love it! It came from walmart, blinks different colors and theres no need to put more stuff on it!

Went out shopping yesterday and came home exhausted! So needless to say~~~~ My money is all gone and there's still 3 people to buy for!(YEA!),,,,,,,,,I Make most of the gifts anyway so that just means i'll be making more! And that's what i truley enjoy anyway!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I Hope you and your family Have a very nice Holiday!,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sydney
  17. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Well I think we Fibromites tend to be slow in general ;)

But people are probably busy right now with the holidays and all.
  18. pamj

pamj New Member

I haven't been on since I had surgery on Dec 5. I'm feeling a bit better now & trying to get ready for Christmas. I feel like my "to do" list is growing each day!

Hopefully we'll be able to enjoy each other's company a bit more in a couple of weeks.

Take care,
    Pam :)
  19. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Donnaeil, I hope your daughter continues to get better, I know it's rough trying to take care of others with this DD.

Pam, I'm sorry...I didn't know you were having surgery. Did everything go well?

Happy Holiday Hugs,

Nancy B
  20. victoria

victoria New Member

too busy and too exhausted... son has to go to HBOT/hyperbaric oxygen therapy that we're trying for his chronic Lyme, but it is 75 miles away... we spend all day there so he can do 2 sessions/day, but it means we go into the city with the rush hour and back out with the rush hour, sigh.

DH has been taking turns and doing most of it past week, thankfully, but I'm sure I'll get my turn next week... that first week exhausted me as I did most of it, and on very little sleep anyway.

I really think -- at least at Christmas time -- somebody could make some $$ by leasing unused retail space in malls and then renting out 1/2 hour or 1 hour 'nap' time-periods in recliners... I'd probably sign up for 3 hours at a time LOLOL!