Where Did You Live When You Became ill?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sun_Rae, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Sun_Rae

Sun_Rae New Member

Mine was Dallas, TX. Time: Oct 1991. I often wonder if it was something in the air, water, or was the government doing some weird testing!
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I lived here in our home in Chester, VA. We had the house built for us and moved in June 1988. I got severe FMS in June 1995.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I had been living in Northwest Arkansas a little more than a year when I came down with CFS. I actually got the 'nasty flu' that was the 'start' of it while on vacation in Florida in March 1986. However, some researchers think that we already had the CFS disregulated immune system, which caused the 'nasty flu' that we perceived as the start.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/18/2006]
  4. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Monterey California in 1990. didn't get dx till this year.

Sofi
  5. lenaw70

lenaw70 New Member

I seemed to get really unhealthy right after I gave birth to fourth baby in 1995 in Washington State.

Lena
  6. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

missouri OR misery lol Ruthie
  7. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

In Thomaston, CT when I bacame ill. AMY
  8. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi well I was at work in Sacramento. I was in a meeting at 9:00 am and back at my desk an hour later. By 11:00 I go "I don't feel good" and I left and never went back SEVEN yrs ago.

I had just got 6 months excellant attendance again and the highest raise (which I never got) that my company gave OUT.

I couldn't even hold my head up or take a daily shower. It hit fast.
    Rene
  9. pamj

pamj New Member

I was born & grew up in Massachusetts, but I became sick while living in California. I had been there a few years & noticed problems with different outdoor allergies from different trees & plants than I was used to. After being sick for about 6 months, we decided to move back to Mass.

I've been recovering very slowly, but at least I'm not bedridden like I was in CA. I always wondered if the illness was caused by being exposed to something new that my immune system couldn't deal with, or maybe a combination of things that were weakening my immune system.

Also, I was traveling in Europe during the first week of becoming ill (I thought it was just the flu), and I was almost constantly exposed to cigarette smoke. I've always had a problem with smoke and this was just too much. I was getting sicker by the day, and I never really recovered (now it's CFS). I do believe that cigarettes are poison to our bodies, and also think that growing up with my parents smoking in the house could have contributed to this too.

The hard thing is never really knowing what causes this, but like you, I think it somehow has to do with toxins.

take care,
    Pam
  10. elliespad

elliespad Member

from birth until age 18, next to a Pesticide Company. Please read my BIO.

Pamj - your travel to Europe may be your cause. Airlines spray the cabins with Pesticides on most over-water, flights and even many domestic. Please read this link:

http://flyana.com/pest.html
  11. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

always lived in Canada up until 2 years ago in July.
    I have always been a fairly sick person and the FM went off the deep end just over 2 years ago.
    I have lived in Ottawa, Brampton and New Jersey. I haved noticed more allergies in New Jersey but I don't think that has anything to do with my FM.
    I believe I had this my whole life as I can trace symptoms back to age 5, it just didn't get totally debilitating until the last couple years.