Where do I purchase a Ten's Machine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaneSmith, Feb 14, 2007.

1. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

Prickels, and others - Do you know where a TENS Machine can be purchased?
  2. Clay2

Clay2 New Member

Amazon has a lot. I have no idea which brands work best.

Large cities generally have special pharmacies that sell a big variety of medical equipment.
  3. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Depending upon your insurance, you may be able to get your doctor to prescribe one for you. My insurance picked up the bill (prescribed by an ortho).
  4. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

I received mine through my physical therapist only after they received the prescription first. I have seen other post though saying they can be bought on EBAY.

5. JLH

JLH New Member

Most people needing a Tens unit are prescribed one by their doctor, then your insurance will pay for it.

You could then get it from whatever home medical agency/drug store that is approved by your insurance.

Note: If you have a pacemaker, make sure you talk with your cardiologist about it -- I don't think you can use one.

Also - if you have never used one before, try to RENT one first prior to buying one -- it may not help you at all and buying one may be a waste of money!![This Message was Edited on 02/14/2007]
  6. a Tens unit is prescribed one by your doctor, pain management ordered mine, then your insurance will pay for . You need a script. Plus then someone well trained by the company came to my house and showed me exactly how use it, set it, apply it in the right area, how long to run it, etc. I wouldn't buy one over the internet personally.