WHERE DO THESE SPOTS BELONG~FM OR LUPUS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovabuga, Sep 3, 2003.

1. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

SPOTS SPOTS AND MORE SPOTS,

I HAVE WHITE FLAKY ITCHY SPOTS ALL OVER ME. IS IT A FM THING OR A LUPUS THING????I LOOK SO SILLY.I'M TANNED WITH WHITE SPOTS.ANYONE ELSE WITH THIS PROBLEM.WHAT TO DO....THE CREAMS HELP WITH THE ITCHYNESS AND REDNESS BUT NOTHING HELPS THE WHITE GO AWAY IS THAT COMMON??

LOVABUGA
  2. tjlibby

tjlibby New Member

Good Morning,
    I also have lupus, my spots are pink, the derm doc gave me steroid creams and my rheumy increases my pred. Have you had a biopsy? Good Luck.. Teri
  3. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

i've had 2-3 biopsies on differant spots.they are confused as each time i see the dermatologist the rash looks differant.the biopsies come back fine.

lovabuga
  4. Twain1973

Twain1973 New Member

I am still not 100% sure of my Dx. I too get white spots when I am out in the sun. Mine are very small (size of a pencil eraser) and do not seem to itch or cause any pain. Not sure if we are talking about the same thing or not. I have a doc appt in a week - if I found out anything more I will post.

Good Luck!
    Amy
  5. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

Twain,do your spots turn to red in the winter or when you haven't been in the un?I'm not sure if it is the spots that itch and hurt as my whole body is itchy,esoecially when i get completely dressed(insted of a nightgown). good luck at the docs.keep us posted.

;ovabuga
  6. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

Have any of you looked into the possibility of vitilago? That is not the correct spelling, I'm sure. It is listed as a symptom of adrenal fatigue on Dr. Bruce Rind's chart. You notice this most, because of contrast, in African Americans. It is not limited to them, just more noticable.

JoAnn
  7. AnnG

AnnG New Member

My mother-in-law (and Michael Jackson!) have/had this. It is sadly not curable but I've heard stress and sun can make it worse. Could this be it?
  8. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

Mine are about the size of top of pencil eraser, flacky,itch at times. Dermatolotgist called it something,forgot of course, when I went for cancer screening. I did have couple frozen off to check it out. Got red then went away.

Had something to do with sun told me not to worry. That was that...Someone had told me it could be precancerous spots. He did not say that. Not sure exactly what you are talking about. Mine never change color in sun either.
  9. hope-floats

hope-floats New Member

Wht, flaky, very itchy, size of a pencil eraser. I've actually had them for several years...worse when I go in the sun. I went for a skin screening at my derm MD. He said they are not pre-cancerous, but are related to previous h/o severe sunburns. Rec'd use of sunscreen and that's that! I'm not so sure though. They have gotten worse over the years. I can't seem to keep my fingers from 'picking' at them. I can actually pick/peel the top layer off, then it's either very red and tender, or it bleeds a little. Eventually they cover over and get back to looking like they did before I picked at it. Gross...I know!
    I keep thinking that they have more to do with having autoimmune disorders. My naturopath is not sure what to think.
  10. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

KEEP ME POSTED ABOUT THIS IT SOUNDS THE SAME.THANKS FOR JUMPING IN AND LETTING US KNOW.

LOVABUGA
  11. Bradly

Bradly New Member

I get the same type of bumps. Mine are usually white and flaky but they are usually not much bigger then the size of pencis lead. The itching is intense and it is kind of like a painful itch. My back is the worse area but the itching will spread to my entire body. It is like if I scratch one spot the itch moves to another. This drives me crazy. It would be nice to know what this is.

Brad
  12. Bradly

Bradly New Member

I get the same type of bumps. Mine are usually white and flaky but they are usually not much bigger then the size of pencis lead. The itching is intense and it is kind of like a painful itch. My back is the worse area but the itching will spread to my entire body. It is like if I scratch one spot the itch moves to another. This drives me crazy. It would be nice to know what this is.

Brad
  13. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

I HAVEN'T FIGURED HOW THESE FIT IN EITHER AND IT DOES SEEM AS THOUGH QUITE A FEW OF US HAVE IT.I DON'T THINK THAT MINE DENT IN BUT THEY DO GIVE THE APPEARANCE THAT THEY DO.BUT BOY DO THEY ITCH.I'VE BEEN TAKING ATARAX TO CONTROL THE ITCHING~THEY MAKE YOU SLEEPY AND A BIT HUNGOVER.I ONLY TAKE THEM WHEN I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING TO LOSE MY MIND.

LOVABUGA
  14. hope-floats

hope-floats New Member

mostly on my feet, ankles and on my fingers. The itchiness with these are insane. I try so hard NOT to touch them, because I usually scratch away until they bleed. They scab over (little dots of scabs all over the area), then I attack the itchiness again...it's a viscious cycle.

The white flaky larger bumps ar not inverted. In fact, they are raised, some more than others. Some of what look like newer ones have a shiny appearance until I scratch them. Then the white, flaky appearance is more prominant.

I am thinking about making an appt with a different derm MD to get another opinion on these annoying bumps...not to mention unattractive. If I learn something more about them, I'll post on the bumps.

It is interesting that some of us have the same exact skin condition - whatever it is!
  15. lilchisler

lilchisler New Member

I, too have these spots all over my arms and some on my back. They are indented a little..more brownish/red and disk shaped. They do scale over, probably due to the sun. I have very dry skin so I am sure that does not help. I have always wondered if skin cancer or pre cancer..I have been on the water a lot and this part of my arm has been exposed a lot, but the doc doesn't seem to be concerned. I have never been tested for Lupus, but I have always thought Fibro and Lupus were very closely connected..and that this was possibly a sign. I also have very blotchy face without makeup but not really what I would consider the "wolf" or "butterfly" rash consistant with Lupus. It helps to know that at least this is a symptom common in others, although I wish none of us had this "DD". Thanks for all the posts. I have sure missed this board. .."still able" but now posting as "lilchisler".