Where do you find support for FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cj368, Feb 23, 2007.

1. cj368

cj368 New Member

This site obviously! Do you go to other on-line groups, local support group, therapists? I feel like I'm alone in this, my husband is great but doesn't truly get it.

Thanks!
  2. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I am very fortunate that I do have a lot of support in my life.

Took a lot of educating my family, and having to tell them what I needed, but all in all the thing I get the most support and understanding from......IS THIS BOARD!

It is beyond the realm of fibromyalgia.......and when you have problems that are not directly related to fm ......really they are!..... because if you are stressed, upset or need support and get it in all aspects of your life it means being able to better cope with dd!

I love the people on this board they have helped me beyond words for MANY areas and problems in my life.........so for me this board is the best support a person could ever need,askm or want for!

It has been a GODsend for me and my life and I wouldn't know what to do without it!

I have always found love, compassion, empathy, and most of all understanding and unconditional support!

Iam sincerly being honest!
    Hugs
    Doxy
    [This Message was Edited on 02/23/2007]
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

Just from myself! Nobody else in my family really cares--they are all too busy working!! I would still be working, too, if it were not from all of my health problems!
  4. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I do have a couple of friends that get it but it is easy to forget I'm sick. I don't get support from the people that I thought would understand. My Mom recently told me to get a job - nice, huh? Really, really, I'm just lazy - that's why I have a bachelors, a Master's and almost a 2nd masters. Good thing the professors give As to lazy people.

If I type more of the comments, I'll start crying so I'm stopping.

There are local support groups but I haven't gone yet. Might be a good thing to do.
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

Right here. My b/f is also very supportive. THANK-GOODNESS!!!! My dad is also very supportive.

Kriket
  6. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Besides this site you might be able to find a group meeting near you.

I was in one a couple of years ago through meetup. I'm thinking about restarting the group but don't know if I'll be able to handle it right now.

Take care
  7. cct

cct Member

cj,

You might be able to find a local support group through the support group listings at ImmuneSupport.com.

Just go to the top of this page, upper right corner, purple tab,and click on "Support Groups". Perhaps you will be able to find a group near you.

8. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

My husband and grown son that lives here knows how bad I feel and are supportive.My DD and other son believe I'm sick but don't understand because they live out of state and aren't here day to day.My friends are long gone and the ones in contact call and pretend I'm not sick and we should get together real soon.
    I like to come here because even if I'm not up to posting I find comfort in the info and people venting about exactly what I feel.Sometimes my DH asks what's wrong and I'll say nothing just because he's well and I get sick of complaining about something he can't possibly understand and can't do anything about.I just feel bad bad bad you know?
  9. charlenef

charlenef New Member

ther is a website called dailystrengh.com it has a host of boards you can join it is kinda like a myspace for the sick you have your own page and you can send hugs to other people good luck charlene