Where do YOU put your duragesic patch?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 30feeling80, Aug 23, 2005.

1. 30feeling80

30feeling80 New Member

In the instructions, I read "above the waist". Does that include right on my chest (breast-bone?) Can I put it there? WHERE DO YOU PUT YOURS FOR THE MOST ABSORPTION?

~30
  2. 30feeling80

30feeling80 New Member

Thank you for your advice.
    Bumping for more.
    ~30
  3. lumediluna

lumediluna New Member

on the outside of my upper arm (outer/side/deltoids). I read the instructions too, and they say put above the waist. I read somewhere that you could put it on your side - waist/ab area. I did that once, then when I went to take it off, I swear, it ripped skin off and I still have a mark there. I thought it was the adhesive, but it wasn't.

I would say the upper arm - roatating each time you use it; and the chest area. I haven't tried it there, but will when I get a refill if doc thinks I should. I also read on instructions you can put it on your upper back.

The nice thing about the patch is that I finally have wake up days without a migraine!!! It usually hits me as the day goes on.
    Good luck and keep us posted!
  4. 30feeling80

30feeling80 New Member

I put it on the center of my chest, a little to the left and it's already coming off and it's only day 1! I cleaned the area before hand and even used rubbing alcohol before application. Now, I've got to replace it. I'm bummed. Don't know what quite happened.

~30
  5. thomasina

thomasina New Member

I stuck it around my hiney-thigh area. Un-noticable.

thommie
  6. moxiepup

moxiepup New Member

Hi: Please don't clean the area with anything but plain cool water, esp alcohol, anything but water makes you absord the med too quickly.

On the pt sheet it says if you have little kids around you who are apt to rip it off and stick it in there mouths put it where they can't reach it like your upper back, obviously you will need help putting it on.

I have been using it for about 2 yrs now and I also use upper arms, alternating I also put a Bioclusive patch over them, you can get these from Duragesic the # is on the box or buy clear tape or I've even used paper tape and it works great.

The chest is a tricky place as it says do not put on left side of chest, cause of your heart, and I think if you put it on the other side your bra keeps interferring.

Good luck, try your upper arms and please don't use any prep before hand.

Hope this helps,

gail
  7. WeBee7

WeBee7 New Member

Is where I put it. Bra helps it stay on, don't have much issues with it....mostly forget it's there. Good luck!
    karyn
  8. Dara

Dara New Member

is on my upper arms on the outside.

I have tried putting it on my chest area and each time I have to remove it within two to three hours because it makes me itch and burns my skin.

I just started using the generic fentenyl and I think the patch stays on better than the non-generic.

I have a friend who no matter where she puts the patch, it falls off within a day or so.

You can also get the cover, or whatever else they might call it, from the manufacturer to help hold the patch in place. It's just a larger piece of adhesive to stick on over the patch.

Dara
  9. tanyasue

tanyasue New Member

I have to put it on my upper arms. I alternate sides. It hurts the skin anywhere else. I also have to use the bioclusive adhesive to make it stay on. I don't know what I did before that.

Also, I have to use Flonase before I put it on to help prevent an allergic reactions.

ts
  10. 30feeling80

30feeling80 New Member

I just bought some Johnson's paper tape and taped it to my chest so it won't keep trying to come off!

Victory!
    ~30