Where does the CDC leave YOU and ME?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mezombie, Jun 25, 2009.

1. mezombie

mezombie Member

2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

"Well, if you have neurological symptoms, it leaves you out of "CFS" according to the CDC."

I don't have CFS- This is getting so confusing. I know I have ME and I also know that a rose by any other name....
  3. mezombie

mezombie Member

the CDC isn't studying your illness.
  4. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

be afraid- be very afraid.

They either don't want you to know what is actually causing all of these horrible symptoms, or don't care. Either way, if more and more of these Dr's move you into the psychological disorder column the more you are just kicked to the curb.

I know you're too tired to keep pressing for answers, but you have to keep pressing for answers. You're not just stressed out.
  5. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

They violate our civil rights for proper diagnosis and treatment.

They harm patients by putting out a lie to doctors (that we have a psychosocial disorder: somatization to the nth degree.

They say CFS has no biological basis; therefore, they are violating their mission to find the cause and enlist researchers that will study it and get the job done properly.

They should not be getting money for studying a "psychosocial" illness in the CDC. They have nothing to do with studying "fatigue",even.

They really don't have a leg to stand on; they won't allow independent researchers to do the pertinent studies that show all the abnormalities in our brain, spinal cord, autonomic nervous, endocrine and immune system studies.

William Reeves has been bought in some way; either thru obligations to insurance companies or thru the offering of a new position at Emory, where more psychobabble is taking place.

He was a thief, is a thief and needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Only an investigation would accomplish this. Or a class action lawsuit, a firm for which I am actively searching...

If anyone knows the name of the law firm that just won a major lawsuit against the gov't, I think it was in NY or NJ, I'd like to know it.

6. cfsgeorge

cfsgeorge New Member

This is why Ampligen approval is so important right now. If the FDA approves Ampligen, there is no way the CDC can ever call this a psychosocial illness. The door will be open to study the immune system and more immuno type drugs for CFS. And the door will close on studying psychological basis for CFS. However, the door swings both ways depending on Ampligen being approved or not.