Where in the World is ...........

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by vivian53, May 30, 2009.

1. vivian53

vivian53 Member

CateCatherine? Has anyone heard from her? Wasn't she having a Spring flare also?

Cate if you are reading this I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and missing your posts, not to mention hoping you are feeling good.

Prayers being sent your way

vivian
  2. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

Hi!
    She posted on the depression board yesterday and is not feeling well at all...I had been wondering too and hope you can offer her some supportive words..

Love,
    SJ
  3. vivian53

vivian53 Member

I found her post there. I appreciate your letting me know. So many people here that care about her have given her the support she needs.

This group of people can always be counted on to step up to the plate when the situation calls for it.

love to all in this community,

vivian
  4. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Dear Cate,

I too have been noticing that you have not been posting and was hoping you are doing "all right". Apparently not, and I'm sorry to hear how difficult things have been for you.

Can I tell you a little story this morning? A few years ago, I decided to learn how to wildcraft St. John's Wort and make an herbal tincture with it. The St. John's Wort (SJW) plant is kind of a flowery shrub that just seems to exude a calming and supportive energy.

Anyway, SJW grows wild and abundantly here in Southern Oregon. And I was able to find a large open area (many acres) of it and I go up there every year in mid-summer to harvest some. The place I found is in the mountains where there is an incredible vista of mountain peaks and lakes in the distance. (Almost feels like a different exotic planet or something).

In the past, I made extra SJW tincture, and have given it away to many friends and acquaintances. My partner, a professional counselor, has provided it to several of her clients. Almost all have reported significant improvement in many of their symptoms, including depression and insomnia.

Most recently, a good friend of ours said she was dealing with depression, and we offered her some of our tincture. We just heard back from her and she is very happy with the results. Not only has her depression lifted, but her memory has improved fairly dramatically. She had begun to wonder if she was getting Alzheimer's it had gotten so bad.

Since beginning to feel better, some of her co-workers have confided to her that they were getting worried about her, and they've noticed that she is now doing so much better. I just got this feedback in the past couple days, and was wondering whether to post it on the FM message board. But seeing your post here this morning, I thought I'd share it here with you.

I fully realize that not everyone has the same results with different medications and/or herbal formulas. But I do believe that the reason so many of the people who have tried our tincture and gotten good results is because of 1) the energy of the area from which is was harvested, 2) only buds and flowers were used (as opposed to the entire stalky plant), and 3) I double macerated it, which gives it a double strength.

When I heard about your difficult reactions to Zoloft, I thought I would at least mention SJW this morning, in case you might want to consider it. I actually have quite a large supply of tincture at the moment (about 2 gallons or so LOL), and would be more than happy to send out some of it to you if you had any interest (NO charge). I would also be happy to do the same for anybody else reading this. I've often felt with my health issues, that I wish I could offer more than I'm able to. Offering SJW to people who have an interest or need feels like one way in which I can give back a little.

So, that's my little story here this morning. I'm so happy you came here to let us know what you're going through, and allowing some of us to try to support you in whatever way we can. It takes a lot of courage to do that girl! And I'm right proud of you!

Love and HHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUggggs from Oregon,

Wayne[This Message was Edited on 05/31/2009]
  5. vivian53

vivian53 Member

Cate I am happy to hear you are seeing a little light at the end of the tunnel. Yep, depression can sneak up on us and bring us to our knees at times. Mine tends to show up as anxiety at first.

I have found that if I keep myself honest about my feelings and not try to cover them up with other things like keeping busy, sleeping a lot, paying too much attention to others problems, telling myself bad things etc. I do better.

I think I have had Dysthymia since I was a little kid. Once in a while it blossoms and becomes full blown depression.

Aren't you lucky to have so many here that care about you? I am glad our support has made a difference to you.

Wayne you are a real sweetheart. I don't know if you realize how much difference you make in the lives of others with your words alone, you are a humble person. You have made a positive impact on my journey that's for sure.

As far grieving goes, I am dealing with it in fits and spurts. It is spotty. Sometimes I feel happy and then I remember I have lost my father. I am taking sleeping pills and that helps because I don't spend so much time lying awake and just thinking.

We will make it through this and come out the better for it.

love to all

vivian