Where in the World was this picture taken?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by elliespad, Nov 26, 2006.

1. elliespad

elliespad Member

I just love these games so much, and thought I would do one myself. Click on my name and see the picture in my profile. Where was this taken? And how did it get there?
    [This Message was Edited on 11/26/2006]
  2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

It is a sand sculpture done by artist Randy Hofman in Ocean City, Maryland. I googled "Wise Men still seek him statue" and then, sculpture. It took a while but I found it. Thanks, that was fun! Kim :)
    [This Message was Edited on 11/26/2006]
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

Good Job. The reason I posted this picture is because I have seen these HUNDREDS of times. The artist, Randy Hofman does this as part of a local ministry. It is on the Boardwalk at 2nd Street. There are almost always 3 sculptures. And there are a limitless number of scenes that he does. When done he sprays them with a water and Elmers glue mixture to help set the sand and they last for days, sometimes weeks. When it's time to rebuild, a crew of 10 or 15 teens come and shovel up the sand and he starts all over again.

I spend summers at Ocean City and have NEVER been to the beach when I have not seen the sculptures.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/27/2006]
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Boltchik was quick!

I'm glad the instructions were helpful. It's fun to do, isn't it?

5. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I thought the sculpture was amazing! There were also pictures of his other work, so wonderful! How lucky that you have actually had a chance to see them in person.
    Thanks again and have a great day, Kim :)