Where inner thigh meets groin area - does anyone have pain here?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Theresa, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Theresa

Theresa New Member

Hi all,
    When I get a flare up and feel inflamed and achy all over, I have pain where my inner thigh meets my groin area - on both sides. Is there a lymph node here? I have pain in some other joints as well.
    Does anyone else experience this or am I the only one? I'm not sure if it's fibro related because this isn't one of the defined tender point areas. I'm wondering if it's related to an infection of some sort or due to the yeast supplements I'm taking (toxins being released).
    Any ideas?
    Thanks, Theresa
  2. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

So weird that you mentioned this. I have had the exact same pain for the past few days. I even told my husband it's like he gets with a groin pull. I am in a flare right now, have been for almost a week. This is the first time I had pain in that area.

I really don't know if it's fms related or not. It's especially bad if I've been sitting & then get up & try to walk. Is this how it is for you, too?

Hope someone has the answer for us!

Take care.....Kathi
  3. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

But I have had that pain for a long, long time. I can barely sit, cannot wear most pants (no underwear at all) and my whole legs seems to get involved from toe to top of hip. But the very definite pain is there. If I knew where it came from I would banish it forever. The pain is beyond belief and the few times I have tried to explain it to anyone there just aren't words.

This pain started before the FMS/CFIDS crisis and following illness which I've had for about 3 years. It has only become worse along with all the other stuff that comes and goes (mostly stays).

I don't know what to tell you other than when I wrote but I can really feel your pain in a most excruciating way.

Sincerely
    Pam
    Spanaway, WA
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Having this on both sides, I would suspect your lymph nodes may be aching as you've guessed, but if your doctor has not already looked at this while it's happening, please have him/her do so. Never just assume that any new symptom is due to fibro/cfs and don't stick with a doctor who does!
    I have this groin pain, but only on the right side and it is almost certainly due to adhesions from previous surgery. When it acts up, if I even touch myself there, I feel like I am going to throw up, and the lingering pain causes me to limp for days. This has been going on for years and years, so it is really annoying and you have my empathy. I hope you get an answer soon.
    Klutzo
  5. ladihawke

ladihawke New Member

Unfortunately for me, and hopefully not for you, the pain in the groin area was signaled a deteriorated hip. I have since had to have it replaced twice and now I'm getting that old familiar pain on the other side. You might want to ask your doctor, since not all of our bizarre symptoms are a result of FMS, and we sometimes overlook something that needs our attention.

Good luck

L
  6. tnnanatx

tnnanatx New Member

I also had this type of pain but only on the right side. When I would stand up and try to walk I thought I'd pass out. I was in bed for weeks. I went to a orthopedic doctor. He told me that this was true hip pain and I had arthritis(spelled wrg). He gave me steriod injections in the area and the pain went away. It has been over a year. Every once in awhile I can take a step or move a certain way and feel some pain. He told me I would need a hip replacement one day.

Please have checked out. This was before I was diagnosed with FM.

Trudi
  7. paynsuffr

paynsuffr New Member

Dear theresa,
    i have this pain also, along with actual labia and sometimes i feel it in the walls of my vag, also my either or both sides, along the thigh, to my toes too. i go to physical therapy 1-2 week and my chiro and massage therapist told me i can't recall the name but i will ask tomorrow when i go for therapy. i have been told it has to do with pinched nerves in my low spine and it does bring pain to my groin area. massage helps sometimes it has been so bad i can't get out of bed.well, good luck and also have you thought about asking your ob/gyn? could it be ovaries etc?
    Monica
  8. Eve612

Eve612 New Member

How surprising to find that I am not alone with this weird symptom. I just have it on the left side. I have tried all kinds of remedies & it's a little better, but not gone. With me, it's on the leg that they removed the vein from for by-pass surgery, so thought it might be related to that....just one more thing to contend with....sigh

Eve
  9. Theresa

Theresa New Member

Thanks for your responses. It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one but at the same time I feel bad that you are all going through this as well.
    And yes, it's worse when I sit for a while (especially on a hard chair) and even the elastic on my underwear irritates it. The area feels warm and hurts when I press on it. It's been so bad these last two days I stayed home from work. I see my rheumatologist tomorrow and will be asking about it. I'll let you know what she says.
    Thanks, Theresa
  10. Theresa

Theresa New Member

I was thinking of going to see the my ob/gyn. That may be my next step. But if it was my ovaries, wouldn't the pain be higher?
    Thanks, Theresa
  11. notablonde

notablonde Member

I know its 10 years after these posts were originally posted, but I have started experiencing this exact thing in my groin area, I also have lower back pain on the right side near my hip, my groin on the right side hurts worse than the left side, I have tried pain cream, ice packs, heat packs, it gets more irritated when I vacuum the house, this is actually what started it yesterday. the pain comes and goes, i looked it up online and it says i might have a hernia but there is no lump, but it is very tender to touch. I too suffer from Fibromyalgia. today it is aching on the left side as well. has anyone seen their doctor since posting, I would really like to know what they said. Thank You.
  12. RENA0808

RENA0808 Member

I get a horrible snapping sound in my groin area.The pain is sickly as tho I am going to fall over.It goes down the top of my leg and then it goes.Usually in my right groin but I have had it in my left.
  13. mrs. Bernard

mrs. Bernard Member

I have pains on both sides of my groin and i believe there's a long on both sides which is painful i havet gone to the doctor mainly cause i went some months ago and i found out i had a cyst now this i really don't know if i want to go what is the reason for this pain?
  14. mrs. Bernard

mrs. Bernard Member

theres a lump i mean *LUMP
  15. RENA0808

RENA0808 Member

wish someone knew that this was !!
  16. mrs. Bernard

mrs. Bernard Member

my doctor gave me a treatment for it which he has no idea for calling it pelvic inflammatory disease he was wrong i am presuming because its still here
  17. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I have this pain a lot. It's like the pubic bone and tissue pain and also the groin and inner thighs. I assume this is myofascial pain in conjunction with Fibro. The pubic bone pain I think radiates from my SI joints in the back of the pelvis. I also have IC (interstitial cystitis and vulvodynia) - maybe it's related. Anyone else?
  18. Cristal7

Cristal7 Member

19. Cristal7

Cristal7 Member

I don't know why, but when I walk any distance, my groin area radiating to my toes is excruciatingly painful. I have Fibro, but this is unreal. I am 51 yrs old and I didn't expect so much pain from just walking.
  20. kskiska

kskiska Member

I have the same exact groin pain on both sides. Some days it's just one side, many days both. It was one of my first fibro symptoms along with underarm rib cage pain, costochondritis and the flu-like feeling.

I've had a pelvic ultrasound as well as pelvic MRI - everything normal. Some days the groin pain is so bad it makes me nauseated. Myofascial Release Therapy helped some when I was going.

Starting on page 97 of the "Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain: A Survival Manual', Starlanyl addresses pelvic pain and pelvic trigger points.