Where is Effexor????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilaclover30, Mar 17, 2006.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I have been on Effexor for 3 years and have had no problems. My hubby went to fill it today and they said it wasn't available anymore. They gave me double 50mg instead of 100mg

I can't withdraw NOw. My hubby will begin radiation for prostate cancer week after next. It is a 100 mil round trip!! I have to help drive some. He will take treatments for 5 days a week for 9 weeks. What will happen?

I have no info. as far and discounting making the drug.

prayers and hugs for us.

Joan
  2. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

There hasn't been anything on the news about it.

I'm very curious about that and why it would not be available. Surely, they wouldn't just not make it available and have so many in distress and withdrawals??

Keep us posted.

God Bless and Good Luck with Everything.

Sue in Ontario
  3. lilchisler

lilchisler New Member

Hi Joan,
    I, too, am on Effexor, but I am on Effexor xr (the extended release kind)...150mg per tablet. I just got it filled yesterday.

Are you on Regular Effexor or Effexor XR? I have not picked up my RX until tomorrow. I will ask the Pharmacist then if there is any news and let you know.

"lilchisler"..mitzi
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Just an hour ago picked up my regular 150 mg. pills. If it isn't available in 100's and the give you double 50's, then why would you have to withdraw? You could ask your doc or the pharmasist....I don't think it will be a problem. I hope.

I'm going to start withdrawal very soon, and I am trying to gear myself up for a real ride, if you know what I mean.

So....

Let us know.

Sue
  5. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

they may be withdrawing the regular form and going with only XR.

I just saw my Psychiatrist, who instead of switching me to another drug, as I wanted, increased by Effexor. He gave me samples of 75 XR to increase it.

6. lauralea443

lauralea443 New Member

haven't heard anything about it being stopped. I just refilled maybe 2-months ago by mail. Did you ask your Dr.
  7. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Yes, I have gained weight! Much more that I wish. I know that my eating habits are not helping me too. A dish of ice cream before i go to bed does not help but the coldness of it is so refreshing and the highlight of my day.

Oh yes, I just found out later in the afternoon that Effexor is back on my insurance formulary. I can't imagine what in the world happened.

Gentle Hugs

Joan