Where is everyone?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by kellyann, Jun 30, 2006.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    I hope everyone is okay! I feel better than I did. I still have a migraine, but so feel better. I'm going to try and get my housework caught up some today. Not much fun in that, haha! Jeez, I have so much I need to do, I know don't try to do it all in one day! I am guilty of doing that quite often. Seems like if I feel halfway decent one day, I have so much I want to get done before I get knocked back down. If only I could be "normal" again.

Kellyann
  2. ajp

ajp New Member

Hi,

How are you ? I was wondering the same thing, maybe everyone took a trip for the fourth? I know what you mean about housework, so hard to keep up with. I try to do one cleaning task a day..when I can. Not so successful lately.

I am herxing on the Biaxin that I just started and I am in so much pain. I just want to crawl into bed, which I just might do..the heck with the rest of the world. It is very hard not to over do with this diagnosis, isn't it? My doctor keeps telling me to try to rest and no overdo it on days I feel better.

Hope you have great fourth and have a pain free weekend.

love Mindy
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I had good intentions today, but I am already beat. I did feed the animals, and clean up some. My daughter is going to clean up the huge mess she made in my kitchen last night.

I have had a bad herx on the 3 new antibiotics I started too, flagyl, zithromax and mepron. I talked to the nurse at my dr's office. She thinks the cysts or swelling, I had were my lypmh nodes swelling. She said for me to come in imediately if I ever did that again. I just could not believe how swollen and sore my armpitts got, jeez, it is never-ending. I feel totally drained when I take a dose of the mepron.

You try and get some good rest over the fourth and I pray your pain will ease up.

Sincerely,
    Kellyann
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

I've been paying bills...

:)

We don't have anything planned, as usual... my one week sinus headache finally remitted, so am finally able to actually do some things and 'think' LOL!

Victoria

5. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

Hi my lyme friends!

Yes, it has been quiet around here, hasn't it?

I know what you all mean -- I feel like I am always about 10 steps behind on my life. Today is no exception. I'm actually feeling pretty well today, again -- am herxing a little, but nothing too severe. Nothing at all compared to a few months ago -- I am going away for the 4th, and have a lot of work I need to do beforehand. Hoping to motivate here in a bit.

Kelly, isn't it twisted to be able to say "I have a migraine but I feel so much better?" -- only a lyme sufferer would know what that means!

Mepron (technically an antiprotozoal, not antibiotic -- just being picky here) can be really hard on some folks -- and the biaxin/mepron combo is a whack to the head. I had the herx from he** on Ketek, which is in the same family as biaxin (they are both macrolides). Flagyl, too, is known for its ability to knock people flat!

I think it is important for us to remember that we are taking some really, really powerful drugs -- so if we feel cruddy, there is a good reason for it!

Hope y'all have a good holiday, and that you get the rest you need and have some respite from all the pain and suffering.
  6. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    A sinus headache for a whole week? That sounds really awful! I hate those. Isn't there some kind of sinus spray that would help?

I am running out of gas. My headache is coming back of course, it's never gone for long. I think it's time to lay down and watch a little t.v. or take a nap.

Are you planning a cookout for the fourth? I might, maybe some hamburgers, something easy, haha!

Take Care!
    Kelly
    p.s. you have such a pretty name..Victoria, so nice!
  7. kellyann

kellyann New Member

You are so smart, where did you learn all that stuff about all the different medicines?

Yeah, I guess it is kind of twisted about the headaches, haha! But there seems to be differents levels of headache, it's always there just at times gets so bad you can't avoid it.

Mini, what is your real name if you don't mind me asking?

I hope you have a wonderful holiday!
    Kellyann
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

but you know how no one is happy with what they have?

... lol I named my kids one and 2 syllable names so there were no nicknames...

Yes, my sinus headache is usually around at some level or another, but occasionally gets really bad for a spell - so I can definitely understand what you're talking about!

I do think it started to remit more when I was up to 100 mg of abx last summer on the MP... almost there again (I had to start over), so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

No cookouts planned, as I never know what I'm going to feel like, and don't really go anywhere as my MIL is living with us (she has dementia, she's in pretty good spirits usually but getting frail).

... I/we probably should at least invite the kids for dinner and let them cook it!

Hmmm, hamburgers, cole slaw, potato chips and watermelon... sounds like an easy meal to me! And, the 4th isn't until Tuesday, so that gives me time to get it together at least.

:)
    Victoria

9. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Just got back from the gym and jogging a few miles.....NOT...

Actually I had to start pulsing rifampin today as I felt like I was run over by a bus...dealing with my bart. issues I presume.

Kelly Ann I had to pulse flagyl as it hit me so hard. It is known in the lyme world as one of the toughest abx to take. If you feel like you are having a really rough go of it I would drop that one first and pulse it.

jay
  10. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Actually,
    My doctor gave me a Flagyl prescription for 750 mg CR tablet to take one pill once every two weeks. Is that crazy? Of course when I take it, the dang thing half kills me, so I guess she knows something about it. I guess you could call that pulsing, haha!

I hope you get to feeling better. My headache has gone from bad to horrid. My husband went to the video store, we are going to watch funny movies tonight: Big Mama 1 & 2 with Martin Lawrence. I can use a good laugh, that is for sure!

You have a safe and pain free fourth of July holiday!

Sincerely,
    Kellyann
  11. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

Hey Kellyann --

Thanks for the compliment :) I do a lot of reading about lyme, and that is why I know a bit about different drugs and combos -- I find it interesting.

I've heard Flagyl referred to as "the F word" -- the herxes are THAT nasty! Flagyl kills the cyst form of lyme. I will have to add that into my regimen at some point, but not just yet per my LLNP.

I'm so sorry about the headaches -- head pain is just about the worst pain one can have! Have you tried ice on the back of the neck? I find that helps a little for my really awful ones.

My personal, non-medical-doctor opinion is that you may be on too many drugs too quickly --- I'm all for aggressive treatment, but not if the herxes get so severe that you can't stand being in your body!

My real name is Zoe, btw. :)
  12. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi Zoe,
    Hehe.... my mom is giving me a little baby girl yorkie puppy. I named her "Zoe" since I thought it was such a cute name. It will be easy to remember your name. I am going to Florida in a couple weeks to pick up my puppy. She is adorable! I love yorkie. I am also getting a male yorkie puppy in 3 weeks from a friend. I have 5 little dogs I keep inside with me right now. They are my babies. I have 3 yorkie mixes, 1 long haired chichuhua(sp) and 1 big mixed terrier mutt I got from the dog pound. Yorkies are my favorite dog breed though. I have lots of mutts out in my yard, and I have two Great Dane dogs. Add 3 horses and lots of pet birds, and I have quite the lot of animals. They help keep my mind off my problems.

Oh sorry to go on about my animals but they are one of my few pleasures I have left in life.

That is so interesting about the flagyl killing the cyst stage of lyme. I must have a lot of cyst stage because the flagyl about does me in. So far it has been the worst to take. That must be why the dr wanted me to take it only once every 2 weeks. She is a smart lady. Dr. Bullington at the FFC in Atlanta. I have heard some say some real bad things about her, but most sing her praises. I guess you can't please everybody all the time. The mepron makes me feel really drawn out and tired. If these headaches don't let up I am going to get a referral to get an MRI done. See if my brain is swelling up or what. It is hard to function like this. You know what is crazy lately? I have been sleepwalking. I used to only sleepwalk on sleeping pills. Now I am doing it all on my own. I wake up at different places in my house doing different things, like getting a drink, just walking around. Just craziness. My husband wakes up and sees me just standing in the middle of the room sound asleep.
    Kellyann

13. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

Wow, the sleepwalking sounds rather scary! I imagine it has something to do with not getting into the deepest stages of sleep, but that is just a guess.

Your animals sound great! I love animals of all kinds -- I only have birds at the moment -- three pigeons that hubby and I rescued (two were babies in a nest that was being destroyed, so we hand-reared them, and the other we found in the city with a lame wing.) I'd love to have more birds at some point -- they are such a joy!